General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
What do you miss most about your holiday?

Everything!! :cry

Most of all it's not having a timetable or responsibilities. You can do what you want, when you want. :cheers

When we go on gulet holidays I try to persuade everyone to do as I do and put their watches and phones away and not even look at the time for a week. :)
The fact that I am not still on it and have to go back to work to pay for the next one!
It's really hard to pick one thing because it's a totally different life. I suppose top of the list has to be the heat/sunshine followed by lack of routine/timetable. We're all so stressfree on holiday, I feel as though I've left the world behind and am on my own little piece of heaven ;) NO TV or newspapers for me. I don't even like talking about people or events back home. I think I sound a bit strange :rofl
The beach and having food ready to eat. I do the cooking so its a break from trying to plan dinners with 2 fussy teenagers
I like the eating out every night although by the end of the fortnight all I want is a sandwich.

I must admit I don't like getting up early every day on holiday because it is too hot/sunny/maid wants in/trips planned :(
Not the same kipping on a sun lounger :really

Last year I woke up twice to find a huge lizard on me :yikes
i like the relaxed atmosphere, no rushing about........

the warm night, where you can sit out and eat......

i miss those the most when i come home, and its straight back into routine, school, work, etc
I miss my boyfriend - he's spanish, so being on holiday means going to see him. On a general basis I miss the lack of responsibility and not feeling obliged to do anything specific. Holidays are a chance to do what I want, when I want and not having to watch the clock. :tup

Louise
All of the above mentioned in the posts above( with the exception of the boyfriend post) and the sound of crickets of an evening. :cry
All the things already mentioned but oh how I miss sitting on that lovely balcony with a cold drink .
I miss the quality family time. Normally as a family we don't do too badly, we do sit and eat together round the table most nights etc but everyone is so busy, the only totally free day is a Sunday.To have 2 whole weeks together, without the pressures of normal life is lovely.

Pam :)
I miss spending good quality time with my husband.
I miss switching my mobile phone off and being un reachable
I miss the lovely people we meet and the places we see on holiday. Swimming and sunshine :cry

hugs la x
1. Sitting on the beach til the sun goes down and it starts to get a bit chilly.
2. Coming home from the beach with two very grubby very tired daughters. Bathing them and putting them into a freshly made bed (made by someone other than me) and watching them drift into a deep deep sleep.
3. Opening the curtains in the morning and knowing that sun is not going away.
4. Eating whatever takes your fancy when you fancy.
5. Having hubby around to help out and amuse the kids.
6. Being amazed that kids never ever get bored on the beach!
7. Listening to family back home tell me how bad the weather is.
8. A completely tense free neck and shoulders.
9. Not wearing make up
10. Never being bored with saying 'we are so lucky' when we watch our kids playing carefree on the beach (they normally drive us mad!)

I live for holidays .....such a shame they only happen once a year!
They should be compulsary
:sun2
I miss the warmth of the people we meet, as well as the sunshine. Eating out at different places and trying new things. We don't hire a car so we walk a lot. This gives us the opportunlty to excercise between bars :rofl
Definately having every single meal made for me, whether it's a 3 course meal in a posh restauraunt, or a kebab at the side of the road!
I miss everything and I've just done the packing to return to the UK, tomorrow :cry

Come Monday morning I will be suffering with a major bout of depression that will last for weeks....I can feel it coming on now :cry

sanji
Aawwww.....never mind hun.

Enjoy your last night Sanji.
Safe journey home. :)
....going to bed when you like, getting up when you like... and all the fun in between! :sun2

roll on october! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.