America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
The pick and mix should be OK. Forget the sandwiches; they would probably be past their best by the time you land. Meat fruit and dairy products are prohibited and this is strictly enforced. I have heard of fines of$60.00 for one banana....and you don't even keep the banana! Cabin crew normally collect any uneaten fruit etc prior to landing.
And they employ sniffer dogs in the baggage reclaim areas to sniff out any foodstuffs! One of my students had a pear core in her bag, wrapped in plastic and the dog still found it!
Those sniffer dogs are good! They sniffed out an empty plastic bag that had had a corned beef sandwich in it. My SO had forgotten about the packaging when they came round for the rubbish.
I've never seen a sniffer dog in all our landings in the US. If I did, I would think it was looking for drugs, not a corned beef sandwich!

luci :wave
The one they used at Chicago was a Jack Russell.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.