Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hello Dave, from the top of my head i can only remember a few of the prices in Goa, but i do know they are very cheap.

When i was in Goa in Jan 2007 with my little boy, we spent all day at a beach shack in Baga, from 9am til around 5pm, and spent around 600ruppees, which is about 7 - 8 pounds.

We had breakfast each, lots of drinks - coke, fanta etc. Lunch each, more drinks, snacks eg crisp.

For a beer its about 50 ruppees, the average we would spend in one night for our evening meal including soft drinks for my son, and a few kings for me ( a few meaning around 8 haha)
We'd spend less than 15pounds altogether.

We our back in Goa in a week :)
I think most people would budget about £500 for two weeks per person but that is certainly the most that you would need - that works out at £35 per day which you would be hard pushed to spend but it gives you money for gifts / essentials to bring home etc.

It is wierd when I am there as I get more and more stringent with my money - I am quite rash with money here but in Goa after a couple of days i'm like "How much - i'm not paying that" :que
have a look at this bates 1972. last years prices but can,t see them going up that much. andy
http://www.bobbysshack.com/
IMO £500 per person is way too much for Goa. But if you want to buy pressies, momentos, etc etc then I guess one person could spend £500. But £1000 for two people is too high an estimation I think. I guess if you have the money to take it isnt any problem or if you have a Nationwide Flex Account and the money is lying in your account your only need to lift out what is needed.
Well I was amazed at how quickly we seemed to go through our spending money this year, no change from a £1,000 with us, probably only about £100 of that spent on the Tibetan jewellery and cloths from the market (5 silver bracelets and 7 cloths). We were making comment that we felt the prices had gone up as we really didn't go over the top.
Miccie - that is worrying. Whereabouts were you staying?
Thank you ever so much everyone i'm gonna take about £500 with me i have been to goa before well to be honest this is my 4th time but i aint been since 2003 so i wanted to know if it had changed much since then it looks like it is still very cheap! :tup
ps when i've been that tanker as been there and i believe it still is? :(
i nearly drowned going out to the ship last time i was there and i was hoping it would be gone by now and what is very scary is that many people have drowned going to the ship since i've been so i will stay away from it this time.
kind regards
dave
Miccie, we used most of our money on taxis, restaurants, drinks after the restaurants and at the beach shack during the day. We get taxis everywhere and eat in mostly good restaurants everytime (the ones that are a little more expensive, if you know what I mean). It didnt come anywhere near £1000 :que
I did spend money outwith that, eg. some Christmas presents from Original Fakes etc, but I didnt include that in with my normal holiday spending money that we use on a day to day basis.
Did you go on lots of trips etc?
hmm
apart from a few things bought at the beach I didn't shop. Would say we spent about £30 a day. I dont drink during the day but do make up for it at night!
Was told by a brit living in goa prices have gone up 30 to 40 per cent from last year, he goes oct to april every year, owns a place. Seems it down to licences going up. I know a honeybee was anything from 40 - 70 R.
2 years ago I spent £400 in a month. But in the heat I wasn't eating that much in the evening, just curry, rice and roti and a few G&T's. I don't drink beer during the day, lime and soda.

I spent about £40 on 10 legal CDs. Also used a few taxi's but was sharing the cost with my partner.

2 weeks were down south which was cheaper. And if you get the 'trots' you won't be eating much anyway.
I would say that £500 is more than enough to do you for 2 weeks I mean for two people as long as you dont go mad
welcome to the forum B/1972.....nice to have you with us all colleen
Daily expenditure can vary so much on how you spend your time and how much is spent on gifts and things to bring back home. Also on how much travelling around locally you do by taxi.

In February 07 I was with a couple with three children, they spent £1300 in three weeks and nearly half of that was on massages, motor bike hire, taxis, lots of shopping and gifts.

In November I spent £140 in two weeks.

Geoff
Last January my friend and I took £500 each for 2 weeks. We paid for trips and some jewellery on credit cards.We had B&B in the hotel and never eat during the day although had plenty of fresh fruit juices and soft drinks during the day. Sunset with a few beers in a shack and then plenty of mainly breezers or honeybees after our evening meal well into the night. A few extra small items of jewellery each came out of this money and there was no scrimping or scraping at all and we also only got through £140 each.

Jackie
What I did notice this year was the price hike in the taxi's and also the aggressiveness with it, more than the usual shouts of "taxi" they would come along the road pull in and block your path so you would have to walk around the vehicle and if you had to pass the cab on the road side this was putting you at great risk to passing traffic and this after you have already told them that you do not require a taxi.
I found this happening on many occasions, and on one particular occasion I refused to succumb to a drivers outrageous request for 200 rupees for a single fare from Candolim to Calangute, and then to be verbally fired at with you will want us at "Christmas and New Year", I cant repeat what I replied with.....jxk8.
Last January we took £600 travellers cheques, we ate and drank what we wanted, hired a motorbike for 2 weeks, bought 2 pairs of spectacles, some silver from the Tibetan market, some clothes and a bag for Amanda.
I'm taking the £120 worth of travellers cheques we've got left back to Goa next Monday.

This year we're taking about £800 and i'm going to give it a bl**dy good go at spending it.

Happy days

Paul
Hotxbun you wont be able to spend all that money in Pooja Bar :rofl
This is so unreal when we went to goa in nov 2007 we spent about £140 each in the 2 weeks maybe a little less.....http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-040.gif
Last March we took £800 for the 2 of us, did a few trips ate very well and never scrimped on anything and came back with £150 travellers cheques.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.