General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
What to pack?
8 Posts
well i only ever take 1 beach towel per person i usually rinse it through each night in the bath/shower and its ready for the next day, i take 7 outfits and where them again in a different order the following week and only 2 pairs of shoes that go with everything i also take a box of wine managed this year on 15kilos
Bev, you might want to consider 'mixing' your clothing so that you don't have 'your' case and 'his case' etc. This would never have occurred to me until a few years ago when only 'my' case failed to turn up on the carousel! We always mix everything now when we travel.

Cazz
Yes and without telling him that means you can get more of your stuff in the three bags and less of his. :cheers

I agree re the towels. One beach towel each - or even buy some over there. And leave all those shoes behind! Wear your heaviest ones to travel in. Just take 2 pairs for evenings then you can swap each night. One pair flip flops or crocs or whatever for daytime/beach and one pair trainers/pumps for trips where you might need more sturdy. Again you can always get some more flip flops or something when you're away.
I have done my hol list and its big, I will be over always am, however boyfriend puts all my toilitries in his case as he travels light.
I always take 1 beach towel, (daytime bag to put towel in) 7 tops, 2 or 3 skirts, 2 pairs crop trousers, 1 dress, undies of course, 5 pairs of shoes/sandals, slippers, hair stuff, sun oils & aftersun, 6 bikinis, 2 handbags, coat hangers as there are never enough in the wardrobes. My case is on max. of 20kg.
my hol list is beside me now.
5 linen trous
7 skirts
2 dresses
12 tops
and that's only for the evenings. :really That's ridiculous (first time I've counted them) will have to cut that down. Won't take much day wear, 3 or 4 shorts, a couple of beach skirts and sarongs, 4 or 5 bikinis, some vests and flipflops. 2 or 3 bags will do me between day and night and probably 3 or 4 pairs of sandals. Thank goodness hubby travels lighter then me.
A ridiculous amount. 14 outfits for the night :que ,3 or 4 pairs of shorts, half a dozen vests, 6 bikinis, undies and a nightie to wear when I come out of the shower. Flip flops, 3 pairs of sandals, 3 or 4 bags, and 4 beach towels. Luckily OH doesn't take half as much as me :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.