General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Random as it sounds I drink Malibu and pineapple juice on holiday - sounds weird but it's so nice and always reminds me of holidays!!
x
A few cashew or coconut fenis' in Goa, not to many tho, it's rocket fuel :!:
:D mines the local lager to help me stay cool :glynis and a johnnie walker water and ice to end the evening with when available!

:wave Eifion.
Just the same as I drink at home, Bacardi and coke or white wine or lager.
I'll sometimes have a cocktail from the bar when they have happy hour though. Like to try a few during the holoday but a freshly made Pina colada is lovelly.
Mythos or ouzo. Keep it simple. Retsina with dinner if they have CAIR.
OH loves pina colada or malibu & pineapple on holidays, but he'd never drink it at home.
At home i'm a lager drinker, sometimes have a white wine with soda , last year went A1 for the first time and tried a different drink each evening (stayed on the same drink , didn't mix ) but i really enjoyed Baileys with ice . This year i am going to try Tia Maria with coke
I normally have quite a few of the local drinks e.g. Metaxa or OUzo in Greece, Raki in Turkey, Pina colada in Dom Rep etc. I also enjoy my usual drink of Rum/barcardi and coke. Also like to try a couple of coctails. Oh and Baileys towards the end of the night. Don't mind a glass of white wine now and again. As you can see - I'm not too choosy.
Am afraid I'm boring and just stick to lager. :cry:
I normally stick to my Voddy and Coke with the odd Pina Colada

Llindy

Try a measure of Vodka in the Tia Maria and Coke - Black Russian

It's lovely
I can't drink lager on sun holidays - it gives me a jippy tummy (must be the heat).
If we are having a cocktail then I'm partial to long island ice tea, other than that I just usually stick with my gin & tonic and a glass of wine with dinner.
I drink white wine at home, sometimes vodka and coke. When I'm holiday I like to try the local beer and the local 'brew' such as Efes and Raki whilst in Turkey.

I also like to partake in cocktails of all kinds as they are so generous with the alcohol abroad. :D
dont know about anyone else, but i seem to go off the old alkie during the day whilst on hols, i can manage a beer with lunch but never seem to feel like a tipple until the sun switches itself to a more sympathetic setting around early evening...then its completely unnatural coloured cocktails all the way, complete with cherries, wedge of melon, umbrella and various glittery tassley bits...which tend to end up in my hair as i become the worser for wear later in the evening...i cant wait...
At the end of a beautiful day, sat in a quiet secluded spot, the biggest brandy glass you can find full of Baileys with extra brandy and ice.

Sheer Bliss

PS I am male

Citizen
I like to drink whatever is local so In Spain it will be San Miguel or any other Spanish beer. The local wine if they have it. Much the same anywhere else really except in the USA where I would not touch Budweiser with a bargepole (actually floating barges on it is all it is good for). If I drink beer there then Sam Adams is good.
I tend to drink the local beer wherever I go with a meal. So in Thailand its Singha or Chang, Malaysia its Anchor, Singapore Tiger and Portugal its whatever they give me.

Been thrown a couple of times - local brew Hong Kong San Miguel for example.
Hi
Like this thread :wink:
At home I drink white wine and the odd vodka and tonic.
On hols maybe a glass or two of wine while getting ready to go out and another couple with the meal and then when back at our accommodation a white russian or two - hic :P Not every night though!!!!!
Irene :wink:
In England I'm really boring, mostly lager (can't cope with the hangovers any more from anything else) but abroad I try anything! Whether in hotel or apartments I treat myself to a few minatures, especially of local tipples (even if I have an hangover, a quick dip in the pool before the sun heats it up usually does the trick). :lol:

Some Argentinians in Spain introduced me to Shandy the Argentinian way - ice cold lager with Fanta orange, really refreshing - its not the same in England unless it's a really hot day (and we've not had too many of them this year :cry: ).
ooh, a sea breeze, vodka, cranberry juice and pink grapefruit , lovely !
thats my healthy drink, part of my 5 portions a day ........... !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.