Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Later than that - more like 6-7, but depends where you are. In places there are mountains which block out the sunlight earlier.
We are going to be in Sharm in July/August. What can we expect then?
you know when its night time ,cause it goes dark .seriously in the summer months the sun moves further north hence if you lived in norway you would have the midnight sun ,in the north of england sunset in the summer is later than down sarf ,in eygpt sunset is the time to wind down and enjoy that bit of cool air :wave:
enjoy that bit of cool air

Not in july/august you wont, in my experience! Even a stiff breeze can feel like a hairdryer in your face! The best place to find a little coolness is in your room with the a/c on!
i,m not as rich as you o orange one ,we cannot afford to go in jul/aug :bling :cry
:rofl Foxy. It would appear, from recent reports on the forum that the weather has been "stunning" both night and day in the Sinai resorts, not the usual march weather at all!
Global warming? Maybe, but whenever you go to Egypt, you just know that the sun is going to shine! :sun2
Carrot2502 - so have you any idea what time we can expect Sharm to get dark in July/August?
Like Alan, I would say around 6/7 o'clock before it starts to get dark. You should get around 12 hours of sunshine a day at that time of year.
Thanks for that Carrot. Was told by Travel Agent that it was 4 and someone I know has just come back and said it gets dark at 4 so was a bit worried.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.