Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hello again

I'd say a trip to Lindos is a must and you can choose to either take the bus or a boat trip down the east coast.

Another boat trip i'd recommend is Symi. It's a small island around 2 hours from Rhodes and the trip visits a small monastery at Panormitis and Symi Town (plenty of shops there selling spices and natural sponges). The town is very picturesque and architecture v different to Rhodes as it's mainly neo classical italian buildings.

Other than that it's down to personal interest. An Island Tour can be good as you get to see a bit of everything (archaeology, scenery, shopping, etc), it's a good introduction to the island and culture.

There's alot you can organise yourself from Ixia as transport and location are pretty good. Definitely get a taxi up to Filerimos (inland of Trianda) where you'll find a monastery, ancient ruins and amazing views over the coastline.
Hi Marcus
This is great you know all the answers much appreciated
Anne
Valley of the butterflys worth a visit to,although their actually moths.Youll find a pleasant walk through picturesque woodland,with plants etc,a strean which runs through it,and of course,said butterflys,oops,MOTHS :D
Hi
That is great like lots of things to do. If you think of anymore please let me know.
Cheers
Anne
Depends where on the island you are staying - but from Ixia I would take a taxi early morning for the Valley of the Buttermoths. Before the coachloads arrive it is much nicer time to explore the valley.

EDIT: Image removed for copyright reasons. For further information, please refer to THIS page on the site from which the image was taken. Please do not reproduce any material, other than your own.
Many thanks
David HT Mod
Hi Did you take that photo its lovely. Looks more like a butterfly than a moth to me. Did you do any other trips. When were you there.
Cheers
Anne
If you go to Filerimos (highly recommended) there is a huge cross. You climb up inside it and stand out on the stations looking over a huge part of the island, well worth the effort.As Marcus says, Lindos is almost a must, the boat trip is lovely. Go to Mandraki harbour in the town and book this yourself, much cheaper than the rep's trip. Same goes for Symi.Seven Springs is lovely too. You can walkin fresh water through a tunnel to a small lake.Have you thought of hiring a car? There are sooooo many lovely places to visit on the island. I hope you love it as much as I do. I can send you a map of the island if you'd like to message me with your address. Anne
I would love my husband to hire a car but he won't drive when he is on holiday, So we will use the bus or trips.
Cheers
Anne
Did you take that photo its lovely

The picture is just a weblink - I do have some of my own though.

Only other trip I did was scuba diving in Kalithea bay.
thnk I will give scuba diving a miss. Me in a wet suit would not be a good look.
Cheers
Anne
Hiya AlanWall, I notice from above that you have been to Kalithea Bay ? We're staying there (Kalithea) for a week in June, any info of the place would be greatly appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.