Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
That's easy, a chicken and pineapple kebab with a butter garlic naan at Bon Appetit in Sinquerim. We've been eating there for the past 15 years and it's always been fantastic, can't wait 'til next month.
Hi Gang,

Best shack meal Monicas, recommend Butter chicken and also Onion Bajee. two of the best restaurants are East meets West in Baga and After seven off the candolim to Calangute road nr toto's, not tito's. Also Souymens kitchen 50 yards up the main Candolim to Calangute from After 7 towards Candolim on the left down a little lane, he is the ex chef from after 7 and now has his own business.

Mike
Gin lizzy - what is the name of the girl who works in Dreamers. If it is the same place i'm thinking of it is the girl i've known since i've started going to Goa 13 years ago. Her husband works there and she's got two babies.....do you know her?
CL
Its run by Alex and Francis and they have a helper called Sunil and Fraces married Severin a couple of years ago. They had one child upto last November
Roast Beef and yorkshire pudding at the Whynot Prayjot in Calangute, after weeks of spicy food it was heaven.
Garlic King Prawns, dressed salad and fresh bread and butter. Hard Rock Beach Shack, Morjim - the best lunch/ location. Heaven.
i cant really say as ive had so many exellent meals whilst going there over the years.what i would say is ive had some very good meals from beach shacks :D ,goa is the only place i really experiment with food as i dont really like foreign food! :oops:
The best meal we had was at Lazy Days we had fish and chips the batter was beautiful and the fish was snow white. :tup
We tried the fish and chips at Mermaid and was very dissappointed also the banana split the banana's were black/soft i'm afraid that place has gone downhill in my opinion. :tdown
Anything that Vinnie at All Spice (Arpora) decides to concoct or advise.
Last time it was Hara Bara something, truly mouth watering.
Agree with the remark about the Mermaid. Had a meal.....maybe 7 years ago there, and remember thinking....Mmm, not impressed. Tried again this year......even less impressed.
A giant casseroled masala crab at a little hotel restaurant across the river from Cavelossim, one Christmas day evening years ago.
Ordered the night before, caught that day...went across river Sal on a little boat with a torch in the dark. Ate it with our fingers and garlic naan, with perfect thick english-style homemade chips to dip in the gravy, all washed down with ice cold Kingfisher :mrgreen:
I would have to say the best meal(s) I've had in Goa would be at the Bhatti Bar in Nerul. The food is always amazing in there. It's owned by a couple called Patrick and Mercian, he does the waiting on and serving and Mercian does all the cooking by herself. You really should go and try it! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.