General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Kazza - there's a thread running here somewhere called " What do you wear to the airport". Perhaps one of the mods can merge your post.
Y0u're not sad at all Kazz, Helen T and I are exactly the same. When we go holiday shopping we always end up saying over and over 'that would be nice for the plane' :D We're flying 3 weeks today and I've been wondering for a while what I'm going to wear this time :que
I actually like to see what everyone else is wearing at the airport to travel in, always see hundreds of blokes in brand spanking new white trainers !
On our flight to jamaica this time, there was a lady, late forties, white blonde hair, loads of gold bling, leopard print fitted tracksuit and ugg boots....................... :que
perhaps thats another thread..................... :rofl
I like to wear comfy joggers or 3/4 lengths with trainers sad I know but thats what I feel comfortable in for the journey, and I also check out what other people are wearing and Ive seen some sights like who would travel in 3 inch high heels with a dress sorry if I offend anyone on here but haway your not going to a party your off on your hols, anyway I would say travel in whatever you feel comfy in ;)
Generally travel in Winter on a 6.00a.m flight from Glasgow. Leave home about 3.00a.m.
6 degrees of frost. Not interested in fashion. Trousers. T-shirt. Cardi, Jacket. Jacket comes off on the plane, Cardi comes off when we land. I have a plastic bag large enough to take Jacket and Cardi in my hand luggage. It's easier than carrying on their own.
white shirt dark tie dark blue pinstriped 3 piece and black brogues

i jest.... combats [full length] for the bits and pieces, shirt [usually bright coloured] trainers black or beige depending which combats and padded jacket in winter [with big plastic bag in pocket to put them in once through departures] and my hat a sort of poor mans trilby in an off white colour [never go without my hat] and if its bright a pair of sunglasses, thin socks and skiddies of course

wizard
Not sad at all I plan clothing, but then I plan most things - I also love to people watch, checking out what people are wearing and making comment (to a totally disinterested son), about look at what she is wearing etc, :rofl
Sorry, but I am one of those 'sad' women who wears a dress. I have a brightly patterned silk dress with a loose, unlined, jacket that is really comfortable, looks ok and I can take the jacket off when I get there on put it on when I get back here. Yes, I even wear it out and back!!! :wave: Also, it has the advantage of being very light and can be folded up to fit into my hand luggage.
Prawn

I'm sorry if I offended you but the dress thing is fine it was the high heels 3 inch ones and a black party dress she could hardly walk in them, I should of made that clear when I said dress (party one) :whoops
So glad you like it - it is, of course, taken from life!! :rofl
Shazajo - I was not offended in any way. I, being a 'lady' of a certain age, know that I don't look good in many things. Don't wear high heels though - flat sandals just in case I need to run!!!! Not that I run anywhere if I can help it! :tup
mine too :rofl honestly if you saw my pic and the avatar you would not be able to tell us apart
Ha ha this has made me laugh I am not the only one then, I love people watching at the airport, especially when I see some sights what people where to travel in, my fella gets fed up of me saying look at her, what a state, he also wears brand new trainers, new shorts and a new t shirt, I always wear something summery as I land at midday in malaga and if its anything like last august it was blazing hot, I know it will be, this is why I am wearing denim shorts and a light tunic top... love it love it, hair will be straightned. a light touch of make up, and I mean a touch of bronzer.. I am already getting my tan (sunbed, Elemis ) woop woop :cheers
prawn wrote:
flat sandals just in case I need to run!!!! Not that I run anywhere if I can help it!

Nice one :tup , but you never know you might need to run :rofl
I think most people do like to make a bit of an effort and we try to look nice by wearing smartish clothes.
I used to wear trousers but recently it has been a dress with sandals which I take off on the plane (the sandals not the dress!!!) - lovely to get a bit of air around your legs when flying!!!

Sometimes, though we are surprised how people dress for the airport - it doesn't take much to look clean and tidy!
T shirts and shorts that looks like they have worn them for months without washing - most people would have used them for dusters months ago. If they shopped at a Charity shop, they could be kitted out for their entire holiday for £20.

Shirley - will you be wearing your linen trousers at the airport?
I find some flights rather chilly because of the air conditioning. I tend to wear light linen trousers, and take a light jacket with me just in case :)
It often depends on how long my flight will be. Before I retired I sometimes had to fly to conferences or meetings and I often went straight to the meeting from the airport so it was suits and heels. But now If I am taking a flight within Europe I look at the weather forcast the night before and dress accordingly. I fly to the UK sometimes in winter and the temp may be -10°or even lower here so i'ts a heavy jacket or coat and warm trousers but my long haul flights in winter are usually to somewhere warm so I can wear lightweight clothes, though I will still have to wear a warm jacket to get to the airport. I long since stopped trying to make a fashion statement at the airport it's much more choosing what will be comfortable( or what I can still get into if the diet isn't working) but smart enough to not look as though I have been wearing it for days when I arrive after 24 hours in the air.
Yes Somersetsuzie, I will be wearing linen trousers to the airport. How did you guess :que I love my linen trousers and have them in black, navy, cream, white, grey and a cropped brown pair. Not sure which ones I'll be wearing yet :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.