Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Waves from window in Newcastle City Centre :wave

Is this a return visit to the Hemera? Then you will know about the indoor pool etc.

I firstr went to sharm in November from Newcastle...... the weather is better, and good hotels but some a far away.... and need taxis. It can be cold and windy and Noivemebr attracts a lot of Balkan/Russian guests. Have you picked a hotel or two out, as I know whwre some of them are.

Do you want to get out and about or stay in the hotel complex for most of the time.
I was in Sharm 2 winters ago and stayed at the Conrad.I loved the hotel but I do like to be out and about.I wouldnt mind the Holiday village or the Coral sea but I have read on other forums that loads of Russians have arrived.I have no problem with them as I would put them in their place if they tried to shove me!.When we were at the Hemera in March 2005 we went out almost every day,walking along the beach to the old town and we got the bus to Titreyengol and walked back near the Sorgun forest.The reason we need to go from Gatwick towards the end of November is we are babysitting our grandchildren on the 15th December and my daughter lives near Gatwick.My husband is no help trying to decide as he leaves it up to me.I would get the blame if we decided on Side and the weather is really bad!I really cant win.
tough choice..... for ease and a bit better weather, I would probably chose Sharm out of the two..... climate is warmer a bit, and as long as you have an indoor pool or one that is heated its okay for sitting in, should it go cloudy., There just aren't as many walking places in Sharm, as you know.... If you decide you want to be more active, then there is more in Side!

A direct flight home is a bonus!

Look on Weather undergound.com. Type in Egypt, select sharm and when the page comes up, type the dates for Novemeber 06 in.... looks quite good temps....last year anyway!

Check your prices carefully.... Thomas Cook also fly as well as Thomson, and there can be big price differences for the same dates/different operators!
Get to Thomas Cook... 2 weeks, 25 Nov from newcastle - Marriott comes up at £522 on the first screen..... quite a good price!
hi Jay :wave
as you probably know we love both countries and I think the weather would be the deciding factor for me so im sorry Turkey but on this occasion I would have to go with egypt :D
lyn
I will decide over the weekend.Some friends want to come with us but only if we go from a Northern airport.As we will be down south anyway from 14th December till after Christmas I think we will have more choice from Gatwick.It also saves us the car parking as son-in-law takes us to the airport and my daughter collects us!.
Hi Perfume

Sorry to hijack but how was your holiday at the Hemera did you have a good time?
Perfume,After my husband heard about the rain last week in Turkey he said its best to wait until March/April so I have booked the Holiday village in Sharm.Friends wanted to come but we are going from Gatwick on November 29th for 2 weeks.At least it will be dry and sunny.Did you enjoy the Hemera again?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.