Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I've had a look at the brochure on-line, and although one might get the impression Royal Service is an optional extra, all I could book in May 2008 is Royal Service.

I would wait and see what Trading Standards accomplish, or what they advise. At the very least you are entitled to a full refund I'm sure.

Pressure from TS might make First Choice honour the original contract. It's early days at the moment.

I note that Thompson and Thomas Cook also do this hotel, suggest you have a look at what their prices would be for the same holiday.

Peter
thanks peter, the trading standards are going to contact the local ts to the first choice head office to see what complaints they have had i can only hope something positive happens so i can look forward to the holiday instead of dreading it, looked on thomas cook and iam gutted they are about £400 cheaper than we paid
looked on thomas cook and iam gutted they are about £400 cheaper than we paid

That's the way the cookie crumbles, can you get the overall package £400 cheaper, in which case it might be best if you got a return of deposit and booked with TC? I note with interest this -
trading standards are going to contact the local ts to the first choice head office to see what complaints they have had

This is what Trading Standards do. By checking with the local TS for the firm's head office,they are able to access the full complaints record and previous court convictions of travel companies who then can't plead it's a mistake or one off. It can also prove 'system' or persistent wrong doing, and thus dishonest intent.

Best of luck, and hope things looking better.

Peter
had a phone call today from travel agent saying trading standards have been in touch and have spoken to first choice who have held their hands up and said they made a mistake , but all they are prepared to offer us is a full refund or to change to another holiday which will cost more i do not think they should get away with this paltry offer for all the stress and phone calls and petrol what do you think have anyone else been in this position.
What have Trading Standards said to you, please? It might differ from what the travel agent has told you!

Peter
I thought you said Thomas Cook is £400 cheaper. Take the refund and book it with them.

Kind Regards
Stewart
had advice off solicitor and she advised us to just cancel and have refund which is what we have done the trading standards appear to be pursuing first choice how far they will go i do not know or even if they will keep us informed now we have cancelled. it is a bit annoying we booked early to get a good price now we find in the last month the prices have gone up quite a lot so we will not be able to aford the same standard of holiday we had originally booked
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:33 pm
"looked on thomas cook and iam gutted they are about £400 cheaper than we paid"

I am now confused, three days ago the holiday was £400 cheaper. Has it in the past three days gone up by more than £400 to make it more expensive?

Price fluctuations on any holiday over time can be considerable. Talk to any party of holiday makers arriving at the same hotel and you can guarantee price differences of hundreds of pounds for the same holiday from the same company.

Peter
I maybe a little to late with my reply, but i think you should take the refund, i went there on out honeymoon, and i can honestly say i would not return back to that hotel, my phone was stolen FC rep did not help told me what do you expect in a third world country, food was not great, ALL staff are rude it is a spanish hotel that caters for the spainish and not the english, we were not made to feel welcome at all, you would be better off going to the other side of the iland which i have heard is more friendlier.

Take the money and run.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.