Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
There is so much more to do in Rhodes than drink, did you know there is the largest inhabited medieval city in Europe? Its amazing, you can walk around the castle, in the moat, through the cobbled streets!

Also don't miss Filerimos, Kamiros, Lindos, these are must see, also the butterfly valley is amazing, every year thousands of butterflies are attracted to this valley, they line the tree trunks, it s really interesting and calm, best of all no scientist can explain why they are attracted to this particular valley!

Let me know if you want more advice!
Some good ideas from Sara P. There's also boat trips to neighbouring islands and Turkey.

It depends on your resort really - some are more geared to couples, some singles, some family resorts. Let us know where you're staying and i'll try to pass on a bit more info.

Marcus :)
I'm going to Falaraki in Aug and although most people who go there just tend to get drunk & sleep, me n my bf would like to be able 2do different things in the day.

Can anyone suggest any good trips available? And any good places that are worth a visit? We won't be hiring a car, so we'll be using public transport... cabs n buses etc.

Thanks x :lol:
Rhodes Town and Lindos are both very easy to get to by local bus from Faliraki. The boat trip to Symi is a pleasant day in the sun - you can organise this yourself or your rep will be able to arrange tickets including transfer to and from your accommodation.
West coast attractions such as Filerimos and Ancient Kamiros can be reached by local transport too but you have to change in Rhodes Town.
how far is rhodes town in a cab from falaraki? what is rhodes town like for a night out?
Plenty to do in Rhodes town at night. Go to Orfanidou St.---Bar Street. Plenty of pubs, bars and clubs 'til the wee small hours! In a taxi it's not far from Faliraki. Have a good time.
Where/when you going to Faliraki? We went last year and loved it. Great weather, and nice atmosphere (not lairy).

Regularly got the bus into rhodes town, about 25mins and only about 4-5 euro's.

You must visit the waterpark! You can get the bus there or buy a ticket from a travel agent there

Have fun!
Hi,

I am staying in the Alexia. Are there any cash machines? (I get paid whilst on holiday so i can go shopping that day Haha!)

Thanks for you replys.

:D
There are no cash machines in the Alexia but at least 3 across the road. Have a good holiday
You can scuba dive from Kalithea, just next door to Faliraki. Lidos is very pretty for a day visit too. I loved the Seven Springs, its very sheltered and out of the heat there.

If you want to shop, Rhodes Town is a must, or a day trip to Turkey.
Does anyone know if the Maestro can be used in Pefkos or nearby Lindos in the Cash Machines as get paid whilst out there and would be handy if exhaust my cashflow :)
Yes, there's an ATM in Pefkos, one in Lardos and two in Lindos. You can also use Maestro to pay in most restaurants and shops.
Excellent, thank you very much for letting me know that as was getting worried that they wouldnt. Been to places where they just dont accept it at all.

thanks again
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.