Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
most seem to be open, i think they realise half term is soon.
ive just got back from marmaris, and many places are all ready closing!
Okay thanks Michelle

We got back on the 16th there was quite a lot still open some bar's had closed down

But looking at the weather for next week its dreadfull, so i think a lot more shops and stall and bars will close.

Thanks for your reply Michelle and Chelsea Boy :lol:
Looks nothing like a holiday resort compared to a few months ago, total lack of atmosphere & waste of time and the cheek of the holiday companies to charge so much for this time of the year,just because of half term holidays,still... "once bitten twice shy" so the saying goes.. many will call it a day after September as it's not worth going
we have just got back and found loads of places still open, the old town area stays open all year round too. i also found prices for end of season high and they wont barter like they used too, i wanted a plain beige leather purse and the prices were more expensive than the uk at around £20 - £30 a purse and no way could i get prices down despite going in a few shops, at one time a purse would be well under a tenner so i didnt get one in the end, sadly i think these increases will deter a lot of tourists, i did have a chat to some of the shop owners about this and they blamed the government , shop rental increases and china selling so many cheap things to the uk lol, not sure how true that was, but least a few of them admitted prices had gone up a lot
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.