Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi everyone the reason we started this thread was because up to now we have asked for advice and info and we thought we would start a light hearted thread which would give us all a chance to keep the dream alive and discuss our favourite subect GOA!!! unfortunately its got out of hand
I hope we hav'nt caused anyone to fall out !!
I suppose it's individual preference when it comes to tipping for any services provided , can we leave it at that please I'm feeling guilty :?
Hi Vegasone

Tongue in cheek about the number of spelling errors. I thought you may have been to the boozer when you submitted your post. One of my biggest stresses after a long flight is A. Getting your cases off the conveyor belt and all its chaos and B. Swarms of porters descending on you soon as you walk outside. I do agree Vegasone £1 coin for 5 yards of carrying your cases is pathetic. I'm certainly capable of hoisting a couple of cases into a taxi and like you I do give plenty of tips, fruit and sums of money throughout my stay in Goa.
Ah. now I know where the problem lies. You lot who don't tip are hopping in taxis just outside the doors and us who do tip are trecking to the coaches, some 50 metres away. Problem solved, we can all be friends now :D :D
Hi John Woody, dont feel guilty no one has fell out with anyone we are all friends on here and sometimes friends dont agree with each other if we did we would be boring, we are all grown ups at the end of the day. i think this is a great thread.
When we get to our hotel about 9am we will dump our cases in reception and find out what time our room will be ready, then we will go and grab some breakfast untill we can go to our rooms to unpack shower and sleep untill dinner time then we eat again and head for the beach. In the evening we will get Raj (taxi) to take us to the elephant shop to get some bits and bobs then on to eat again then hopefully an early night. :lol: :lol:
Touch LinB's head, I've never had to wait for my room when I've got to the hotel and no matter how tired I am I never go to bed as it would be fatal. The first time I ever went to Goa I did just that and missed the whole day and part of the evening, so never again. If you're ever walking down Calangute main street and see two walking zombies, you've just passed me and the hubby :D
Hi Shaz we had to wait an hour for our room was not happy I can tell you!
If I dont have a napp I would be the one with the horns and pointed tail following the Zombies down the street. What do you meen touch Linb's head is it lucky? :?
Oh right I get it now perhaps you should touch mine in future :lol: :lol:
Cheers Shaz, you wouldn't have said that had you known I have a wooden leg, which co-incidently is the 1st thing i unpack.
Lin, pmsl! No wonder you are a hit with the cricket team, they'll never go short of a stump :rofl
hi caron yes the debate has been good and even though we spent a lot of time discussing baggage handlers at least everyones aware now what to expect at the airport on arrival . although it will still be a bit of a shock to first time visitors to Goa
:) When we arrive we usually drop the cases, quick shower,and straight to the money exchange.After that it,s RELAX all the way. :D :D
hi i am new to the forum, read all these postings i agree with rob from children walking tall whom helps children whom are homeless,lstayes there and knows how it is in goa..... regards to a pound tip we think oh its only a pound...but a pound could buy shopping for the week for someone.porters are not the rich ones here in uk its the drs, solicitors its giving alot of moneyto a porter for harrasing you to carry your case if i want to give money i give money i dont want to be harrassed for it ...it makes me feel uncomfortable, to them they should get the equivelent to what every one else earns in goa they dont live in london. £ 1 is exceptable in london to tip a quid for someone carrying your bag for two seconds.to us whats a pound but ...they in goa should get 20p of our money, they become greedy and why should a harrasing porter get more than a fruit seller a school teacher its wrong i think a few of you think people are mean not giving a pound ..its not the not giving its give correctley in proportion to goan standards sorry to bring it up again but feel strongly about it and not been yet go next week..... :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.