Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
on the top right of the main page you will find a yellow box Browse Holiday Reviews, select country, area [town] and hotel then enter

wizard
cheers for reply love the look of the new site but hate the hotel review carry on it was much easier the old way, is there no links to the old forum for the hotel reviews
cheers chris think ya misread my last post m8 i already found the hotel reviews but its just a right carry on having to pull up hotels individually to see there ratings were as in the old forum you could so them all at a glance
surely there are more than 2 hotels in Portugal in the reviews? :que
There's more Fiona if you choose a resort from the drop down menu.
If you view a resort the review rating is listed next to the hotel, all on one page, you dont have to click through to the hotel page.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/portugal/algarve/albufeira/
Hi Fiona,

Yes there are indeed - use the drop down box to select.

It is confusing and I think that is what alnighta refers to. I think that this review section is not particularly well thought out and is only "intuitive" to those who designed it. The whole process of submitting and researching review is now time consiming and possibly aimed more at scoring for SEO rather than actually assisting users.

I am still trying to get Burma/ Myanmar set up as a country and publish 2 reviews which are ready to go for Traders Rangoon/ Yangon and Governors Residence Rangoon/Yangon. I am not even going to write the one for the Road to Mandalay until I know it will be published and my efforts not wasted.

Cheers

Peter
Hi Peter,

We are working on making this section easier to use, although I believe it is already better laid out than our competitors. We are moving back slightly towards to lists of accommodations, although it will still be at a resort level, it should be better than it is now.

Lisa has your request regarding adding new destinations, its on her list. Although you can add them without the destinations actually being live yet.

Cheers

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you can write /post using hotel / resort. There does seem little point however as unless there is a country - hotel/resort seems pointless as it will not actually post.

Cheers

Peter
I much preferred the old Review section as all the hotels in one resort were on one page and it was easy to see which hotel scored the highest rating.
I obviously knew that there were more than 2 hotels in Portugal- but that is all that comes up for me on the link Chris gave. So I am looking at the eyes of a newbie. Its good to hear there are going to be some changes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.