Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi cockeydoptomist

I have been lots of times to Golden Sands and a few times to Sunny Beach and am definately a "Bulgaria fan". We have been going for many years, started going as it was emerging from communism and have seen so many changes over the years.

First of all it would be best if you could say which airport you will fly into. If its Bourgas then Sunny Beach would be your best choice but on the other hand if you fly into Varna then Golden Sands would be best. Be careful when booking. If for example you book the resort of Golden Sands and fly into Bourgas, this will mean a bus transfer of around 2 and a half hours. If you can get a flight into Varna then I would definately recommend Golden Sands. We have never stayed in an apartment in Bulgaria, we have been B&B, Half Board or even all inclusive. Personally I prefer B&B, that way you can try some of the lovely restaurants around the resort. Prices of eating out are amazing!

My husband and I are in our 60s but usually we go on family holidays which includes 2 granddaughters of 11 and 14. They love Golden Sands, in particular the Aquapolis waterpark which I am sure the 13 year old would enjoy. . I much prefer this resort although enjoyed Sunny Beach as well. Sure you will have a great time no matter where you choose. Certainly your money will go a long way.

Couple of suggestions I would make is (1) DONT go allocation on arrival (2) read the holiday reviews about any accomodation before you book it.

Good luck with your choice anyway!
Thanks morh for the quick reply ;) got some flights to Bourges on the 17/08 - 31st/08
AND HAVE ...2 flights I need to sell due to cancellation do you think £250 each is a fair price for 2 flights fr Edin-Bourges in Aug
IT was sugestions for ACCOMODATION either at a 'quieter' part of SB or st Vlas(not up lg hills)
I have been offered accom in sunset apartments in Vlas , they are located on bulsun website but I FEAR that there wouldnt be enough to occupy my child there though during the day.

Panorama Fort beach looks ideal but the accom seems to be a little out of the way from Sunny beach for a good night out
Is it safe to walk (late at night) that far too
It looks fantastic/ideal water slides wave pools , maybe good for my arthritis hey!!! :sun2
Iv'e had an offer for there (AT A price I can afford )
BUT its From the 21st OF Aug :(

I dont want to spend my time walking around shops looking at TAT I already live in seaside resort (if you know what I mean ) :rofl
So I want somewhere my child can play with other kids for a least some of the days so I can relax

So if you or anyone has experienced staying at (Apartments/aparthotels) that has WATERSLIDES fun things for kids (and not too for out of the way )
please feel free to post here

kindest regards
Kathy
ps
Im sure we will all have a fantastic holiday
Hi again

I am not the best person to ask about this as I am not familiar with the property you are hoping to go to. I have had a quick look at the website and it certainly looks good. Lets just say with it being a complex I am sure your son will make friends during your stay there and you mention it does suit your budget..

What I can say is that your money will go a long way in Bulgaria. We have always found it to be great value for money.
You will be within travelling distance of the much livelier Sunny Beach if you want to spend some time there - sure you will be able to bus it there. Have never felt unsafe walking around anytime I have visited Bulgaria but you can always take a taxi back to your complex if it makes you feel safer.

I am sure that one of the regular posters on the forum that knows that part well will hopefully offer some tips/advice.

We have always done package holidays to Bulgaria so have no idea about the price of flight only and whether that price is reasonable or not. Anyway, enjoy your first trip to Bulgaria wherever you book, I do hope you make the right choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.