Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Im not a big poster, more of a reader really. Just doesnt seem so much to read at the mo so post something lol.
ok ill read my post again lol.....wakey wakey lets get posting
I'll give you something to read,we've just returned from Marmaris Park,between Icmeler and Marmaris,It was the perfect holiday for us,we were there in September,too.On a countdown again for our next holiday,Calis Beach for another 2 week break.This time we're going to try self catering instead of all-inclusive,so a different holiday altogether.
Thankyou OSCARBEN, glad you had a perfect holiday. Last year we was all inc at tusan beach resort near kusadasi, this year we are self catering at club turquoise marmaris...cant wait to eat somewhere new each night and only 6 weeks to go :cheers
I've done AI in Turkey once, probably never again as it's not for me. Too many good restaurants in Marmaris in my opinion. 4 weeks on Saturday !

Wilson ;)
We last went self catering 14 years ago with our then 4 yr old,it was awful.He was such a fussy eater that if anything was slightly different from the foods at home he wouldn't eat it.We found AI easier because he could try something,if he liked it ,take more,if not try something else.Most hotels have chips or pasta so he never went hungry.Now that he doesn't come with us we thought we'd try self catering again and compare the two.Maybe we'll just have one of each type of holiday as we usually have two holidays a year.
OSCARBEN
Know exactly what you mean. When our kids were small eating could be a nightmare but this was long before AI was all the rage. As the years went on and they got older they started to like sitting nice in restaurants and today just love dining out. I've been AI in both Egypt and Mexico too and while they were ok I just feel nothing compares to sitting in a nice restaurant with good food and wine.

Wilson ;)
I'm here every day Chris but if i'm unable to help, then my keyboard stays silent !! If you think about it logically, many people are now going on holiday and so there will be a bit of a lull until everybody returns to the UK. Then the 2013 campaign will start. :cheers

Les
I'm here every day too. The Turkey forum has been unusually quiet this year I agree. Most of us have been to Turkey several times now so we have less questions to ask.I have to wait until September this year but we are off to Egypt next week. :sun2
Wilson McMillan wrote:
I've done AI in Turkey once, probably never again as it's not for me. Too many good restaurants in Marmaris in my opinion. 4 weeks on Saturday !

Wilson ;)

Hi Wilson, I am heading out 3 weeks on friday SC in Armutalan area maybe see you for a beer :cheers
i am off to marmaris on saturday to celebrate turning the big five oh...lol
I have just returned from Calis beach which I was very disappointed in.
I only went here for a change as we go to Icmeler every October.
Calis is much smaller and apart from the main street and prom the rest of the resort seems scruffy.
There were many bins which other resorts have but the rubbish was on the ground and not in the bin.
There were lots of waste ground with high vegetation and building rubbish,old tyres etc dumped.
Ive now just read on another forum the council are demolishing illegal extensions to bars and restaurants,this was done 2 years ago in Marmaris and Icmeler but during the winter and not in the holiday season.
The beach is narrow and scruffy with grey shingle.The sun beds are 15TL for 2 and a rickety wicker parasol which would not offer shade for 2 people.
I suffered while i was there with a terrible cough which a few people had but only realised on our last day it was an allergy to something.
We couldnt decide if it was the vegetation or the chemicals the council were spraying into the air during the day to kill the mosquitoes,
This is done in other resorts early in the morning before the people are about.
The people were lovely as were the restaurants and the saving grace was the hotel which was nice but the young barman seemed to play music to suit himself which was just thump thump thump.
I knew I shouldnt have looked at the photos of Icmeler on ICR before I went as I couldnt help compare the two resorts.
It really was the last resort as every May for several years I have booked somewhere for a change from Icmeler but no more as Icmeler wins hands down and thats where I will book in future. :tup
Sorry to be negative but on our return at 4am my husband had forgot where he parked the car so off we went dragging the suitcases over rough ground to find the car.I was surprised the wheels were intact when we eventually found the car. :rofl
I wasnt with him when he parked it as he had originally parked it in a staff car park and luckily the coach driver saw us and told him to move it or we would be clamped.I went to the terminal with the luggage while he went to find another space.
When we finally got to the barriers I couldnt find the ticket to exit the car park. :cry
I wonder why I bother to go on holiday at all as its so stressful. :que
The day after we got home we went straight to our caravan where we had a stress free week and recovered from our holiday. :tup
DOA wrote:
Wilson McMillan wrote:

Wilson ;)

Hi Wilson, I am heading out 3 weeks on friday SC in Armutalan area maybe see you for a beer :cheers

We're off to that area then too (start of the Scottish school holidays).
Wilson McMillan wrote:
DOA

Where you staying ?

Wilson ;)

Seren aparts SC cheap but if they are rank we will book in elsewhere close by what about you ?

Stephen :sun2
Hi, I am in Turkey at the moment. We are in Datca where we spend about 8 weeks a year. The weather is super, around 30C during the day with a good wind. It is still fairly quiet here, the Turkish schools start their holidays this weekend so no doubt it will get busier then.
DOA (Stephen)

Our spiritual home is Club Turquoise which is on the border with Armutalan. I'm sure I've past Seren when I've been out on my walks, are they near Club Cettia ?

Wilson

JMK

I've heard Dacta is really nice, the manger of the apartments we go to always threatens to take me there on his motorbike !
Wilson McMillan wrote:
DOA (Stephen)

Our spiritual home is Club Turquoise which is on the border with Armutalan. I'm sure I've past Seren when I've been out on my walks, are they near Club Cettia ?

Wilson

JMK

I've heard Dacta is really nice, the manger of the apartments we go to always threatens to take me there on his motorbike !

yes Wilson it is near the cettia my mate is staying in the cettia on our second week
i am going to turkey for 1st time to ovacik, on 9th july, staying at ova resort hotel, so any info wuld be welcome, thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.