Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
it would probably be better to avoid Koh Samui in November. There can be a lot of rain then.
Phuket, Krabi or Pattaya are what you would look at. It depends on what sort of a holiday you are looking for- ie lively or quiet. Also probably better the later in November you go. :) Hua Hin would be the nearest resort from Bangkok but I'm not sure about the weather then and in my opinion the beach there is not great.
Hi Fiona & dugz,

I have been living in Hua Hin for 4 years now. In November the weather is genrally 28 - 30 degrees and the rain has stopped. The rainy season tends to end in October. Hua Hin is a very safe place as the Kings residence is here. The golf is great and there are many things to do, the beaches however are not great as the water is not the tropical beach water. It is more popular with retirees and the 50+ demographic. It takes about 2.5 hours to get here from Bangkok. If you go further down the coast you come to Chumpon this takes about 4 hours. From there you can get a Catamaran to Koh Tao, Samui and Phang nyang. All of these islands are very different, but all have great beaches.

Hope this helps

DJ
Go to Thailand soon for 3 weeks. Park Plaza Hotel booked for 2 nights in Bangkok but still can't decide where to go from there. Think it's going to be Koh Samui and Ko Tao. Can anyone tell me the best resort in Koh Samui (looking at Lamai cos we prefer the beach) and any advice on hotels for both Samui & Ko Tao please? My husband is tearing his hair out now and just wants me to get something booked. Thanks Tracy
What do you mean by Best Resort? I suppose it depends on budget, but probably Four Seasons and the Six Senses Samui. However, I stayed at Kamalaya a while ago, but it's more of a holistic health retreat. Next time i'm going, i'll be heading for Zazen - it's fab. Went to see it and it's very me!

Ko Tao - only a couple of better resorts - Rasananda and Santhiya, find them on Trip Advisor. But lots and lots of cheaper options.
we went and had a look at Zazen and quite fancied it. I would probably go to the The Waterfront the next time though- the only thing I had against the Zazen was that it was a bit of a hike to get to Fishermans Village at night. Great reviews - our friends are trying it out this summer.
Sorry don't think I've made myself clear. When I say resort I mean like lamai. bhoput etc. Not hotel resorts. Thanks for your replies. I'm checking them out so keep them coming. Tracy :wave:
Pattaya is a really vibrant tourist town and the nightlife is different than anywhere in the world, a real exiting City, as for beaches the Jomtien area I think is a bit better for the beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.