Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
you don't say when?? we often go to party capitals BUT we go early or late season if you are selective you can find a quiet hotel close enough if she wants to go clubbing and far enough you get no trouble or noise

so
When
what do you both like to do and I'm sure members will chuck in a few ideas

yasus
wizard
What a dimwit :D :D We are thinking of Early July or late August next year so right slap bang in the middle of high season. There are so many places in Greece that I wanted advice from people who've actually been. We like quite lazy days by the pool or on the beach but like to have plenty of variety of bars, restaurants etc for the evenings. We aren't into clubbing but like to wander from bar to bar after dinner and if there's entertainment, even better. I'd prefer somewhere mid range price wise if possible but more importantly, somewhere a bit more refined. Also, as daft as it sounds, if anyone can advise where stray dogs aren't in evidence that would be BRILLIANT as they TERRIFY me!!!! :( :yikes Thanks in advance for all replies :)
I can see where you are coming from, but your help with your likes/dislikes would help as every island/resort has something different to offer

as an example do you want British style or traditional, do you like themed parks or history sites do you like Sandy beaches or don't you mind do you want local food or mc Donald's... may seem a bit silly to you but the more info on what you both want will help us the members to advise you

yasus
wizard
Sorry didn't think to give that much detail!! I like a mix of nice English and traditional but not McDonalds. We don't do theme parks or historic sites etc and really just enjoy chilling out. We went to Sidari in Corfu and didn't like it, too much like the popular Costa's. Definitely sandy beaches and close to resort centres. We like relaxed restaurants where you need to dress smartly for dinner and the most sightseeing we would normally do is markets etc althoug a boat trip might be quite nice. I'm not being very helpful but that really is what we do on holiday. EG I wouldn't go to Benidorm as a bit too hustle and bustle and "English" but I would like to go to Marbella or Nerja..hope that helps.
thats fine when the crew come on line I'm sure you will get several [nice] suggestions

yasus
wizard
I am going to Tsilvi in Zante and it sound as if it might be right up your street, not too lively, good choice of restaurants, day trips on offer, lovely beach etc

Hope this helps, you should definatley take a closer look at it
All Greek islands are lovely and all SO different. You will not find anywhere in Greece that doesn't have stray dogs and cats.
Hi..Just came back from Santorini last night, we stayed in Kamari, which is the livlest place to stay, but just all centred round the restaurants, taverns and bars, they had 1 Irish bar, the rest were Greek..Oia and Fira are alot more prettier, but we are both 43, and liked the little night life that Kamari offered..really not a place for groups of girls or boys to go to, as just not that type of island..
Tracey..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.