Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We went to Skala in Kefalonia last year with 3 teenagers and had a really good holiday.Lovely beach in Skala but we also hired a car so we could explore the island and different beaches. Also did a boat trip to nearby Ithaka for a day. Going to Tingaki in 5 weeks time, never been before, will post and let you know when we get back!
that would be great thanks..i do like the sound of tingaki as its close to kos town which is supposed to be really nice.
We went to Tingaki before we had kids (6 years ago) and it was really really nice. Its basically a main street with a few bars, restaurants and supermarkets/shops. The beach is nice and there is plenty to do plus its only a short taxi/bus ride to Kos town which is obv much bigger with more going off. We really enjoyed it and would have gone back.

:tup
i agree with the above post. We stayed in Tingaki, albeit a number of years ago now. Our son was 15 at the time and he enjoyed the holiday. We hired bicycles on a couple of occasions and it was an easy cycle along the coast to the next resort.
So good to hear good reviews! Really can't wait now, don't suppose any of you have heard of Filitsa Apartments? Read a couple of reviews but not recent ones. Not bothered about luxury, after holidaying in Greece quite a lot were used to 'basic'!! :sun2
thanks for the replies. tingaki still sounds good and like you say its only 3klm from kos town.
has anyone got any other ideas on where to go in greece. i've checked kefalonia and it looks a bit too quiet for us. has anyone been to acharavi or tsivili. i've been told tsilivi hasnt much going on.
has anyone been to acharavi

Funnily enough, I've been there too (love Greece lol). I'm afraid I can't tell you what it's like now though as it's where we went on our first ever Greek holiday. We went AOA back around 20 years ago :really but that's where we fell in love with the place. It was very quiet back then but has developed nicely by now, so I'm told. I have read favourable reports on the place so if you fancy it, I'd go for it. TBH, corfu is one of my favourite Greek islands so my preference would be Acharavi over Tingaki, although Tingaki is nice too :rofl Decisions, decisions!
its making the right decision though. if you go on google earth and look at the resorts some look like there's nothing there. archaravi looks okay.just need plenty of restaurants and shops for 2wks and a nice beach.
Been to a quite a few Greek resorts but not for a few years. Been to Tsilivi and it is a lovely resort, I thought there was enough to do, not quiet by any means. We like plenty of restaurants and a bit of nightlife (not 18 to 30) and also I should imagine it will be busier now. One of the users on here BabyAmy was going the middle of June after seeking advice, maybe wait and see if she posts when she gets back.

Kefalonia was very quiet but it was years ago, not been to Tingaki so cannot compere.

Another place to consider is Hanioti in Halkidiki, lively but still a very nice resort and the beaches in Halkidiki are lovely.
i've been to hanioti many years ago and it was very nice. may look to see what thats like for price etc. thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.