Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
kos town would suit you fine.you can have it quiet and peaceful, livelier for entertainment or full blast party if you wish.there is a bit of everything for evreryone.hope you find what your looking for.good holidaying.
Having been to a few good places in Greece we've opted for kalamaki for next summer :) We're hoping it will be just the kind of holidy we like. We're 2 couples (late 40's, early fifties) and went to Kalamaki on a day out years ago whilst staying in Argassi. If we fancy a lively night or two, Laganas is on the doorstep.

There are so many resorts I could recommend. Maybe you could narrow down the choice of islands before choosing a resort.
help please , which is the right resort for us , we are in our middle 50's , dont drive , but like to get out and about using local transport , we dont like lazing around the pool or beach day in day out , love sight seeing and what ever the islands have to offer, dont really need night life ( nightclubs ), but enjoy a drink , and good food , we like finding a taverna to people watch and let the world go by, have only been to Rhodes, 2 years ago and loved every minute , recently returned from Crete which didn't give me the same as Rhodes , but we had a great time with great accommodationand company , i am looking at resorts in Corfu and Zante , finding it really hard to make a decision on where to book .
Well we have booked Kalamaki on Zante
when are you there Lindy? We're there from 4th Aug for 2 weeks
Helen we go 11/8 until 25/8 flying from Bristol , i have been searching the web and most accommodation was showing HURRY onyl 5 rooms left or only 1 room left , so went into Thomas cook today as they were coming up quite reasonable and there screens were showing the same , they also price matched , we are going to the Antonis apartments , never used Thomas Cook before always used Thomson , we also have great flight times going out 13.10 and returning 21.25, we also paid for the extra luggage
the old 'hurry,only so and so rooms left!" ploy,what it means is "only so and so rooms left AT THIS RATE OR LINKED TO THIS EXACT FLIGHT",they don't actually mean there's no rooms left,it's the norm for the major operators to do this for the following summer to try and encourage early bookings,people see it and assume it's now or never,there's rules and regulations regarding the advertising of holidays and statements on availabilit and these rules are enforced by trading standards,so the operators find ways to sail extremely close to the wind without breaking the rules,and it works!
Oh Dear if only i had known that before hand :think ....never mind i am booked now and the price ,location, and flight times were what i wanted .
Hi Llindy, we could maybe meet up for a drink. We'll be there with Helen T and her hubby from 4th-18th Aug, flying from Cardiff. We've gone with TC lots of times now and find them to be brilliant, otherwise we wouldn't keep giving them return bookings. Much cheaper than Thomson's now too. Can't wait!
Shirley that is a lovely gesture , it will be great putting faces to names , and i will look forward to it , thank you
I would also recomend Kalamaki On Zakynthos have been 5 years on the trot you can not beat it :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.