General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi and welcome

menorca is a very family friendly island(not been but is on my list to visit) ;) 2 1/2 hours flying time. If you can manage a longer flight (4 hours ish) any of the canary islands although lanzarote and fuerteventura are perfect family holiday destinations, have been to both islands twice, beautiful beaches, food, nice and flat so walking with a buggy is no problem.

any questions please ask away :)
Majorca or Ibiza, (as you want a short flight), I think Menorca will be very quiet in May.
There are some reasonable deals with Thomas Cook or Thomson/First Choice with free child places.

Hope this helps.....Caz
Ibiza, Majorca or Menorca. Haven't been to Menorca personally though
I would think most of the Balearic Islands would be fairly quiet in May. You'll have more choice I would imagine in Majorca for AI. Alcudia seems to be a favourite for families in Majorca.

Menorca, I think may be too quiet.
Thanks guys, has anybody got any opinions on tunisia? know its longer flight wise but the prices for there are also pretty good?
have only been to Tunisia the once and i loved it , we went in october weather was really good , there wasn't a lot of children in the hotel we stayed at and no entertainment for those that were there , if you and your little one would be happy to stay around the pool or beach then i would say give Tunisia a try , i think that any of the spanish resorts are more set up for children and adults as Tunisia is very laid back and most entertainment is hotel based
My friend took her little grand-daughter to the Sol Mirlos Tordos hotel in Palma Nova Mallorca. She said it was fantastic and one of the best hotels that catered for kids that she's been to.
The Sahara Beach in Skanes, Tunisia is perfect for your needs. We took our kids there twice when they were both under the age of 4. Literally 5 minutes from airport, but not on flightpath so no noise from planes. Fantastic pools and right on the beach. I have since recommended it to friends who also loved it.
Sorry forgot to say, we went both times in May and the weather was great, it's too hot for me in July & August though. If you want to know anything else just ask.
We were at sol mirlo/tordos in may with our 2yr old grandaughter and she loved it 2 great small kids pools flintstones theme ,dino,barney and fred are out during the day for the kids .disco's for kids and the adult entertainment at night is really good also the food is excellant and ice cream and ice lollies all day , rooms are a good size and a bonus cebebbies on the tv's in the room .could not fault this hotel it is a great hotel for kids . :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.