Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went to Ovacik, which is near Olu Deniz and Hisaronu in October half term last year.

We were very lucky with the weather, it was sunny all day in mid to late 20s, but a little chilly in the evenings.

All the shops, restaurants and many of the trip agents were still open.
Most of the trips were still running, and were being offered at GREAT bargain prices!!, as were the clothes, bags, watches etc, as it was the last week of the season, and they wanted to shift the stock.

We had a great time in Oct, and it was also the World Championship Paragliding championships at Olu Deniz that week so there was lots of activity in the sky too!!

I think Olu Deniz might suit you. It has fantastic scenery, plenty to see and do, and is not tacky at all. A family friendly resort, with the resorts of Hisaronu and Fethiye also very close by. This July will be our third visit, we also have 2 children aged 10 and 16 and they both love it there.

We really enjoyed Olu Deniz in October, and will definately go again, possibly this year if funds will stretch. 8)
hi

i would agree with susien, olu is beautiful, with a lovely lagoon, stunning scenery, we go to turkey every oct and the weather had been good over the years except last year, but this was very unusual and hasnt put us off this oct, it wasnt cold but lots of thunder storms. the other place you could try that is a bit more lively but the beach and scenery isnt quite as nice is icmeler. its pleasant there too and you might get a better price there. we have booked with portland this oct and got a brilliant price the other company to try that has good prices usually is http://www.h4u.co.uk/
yes i would agree with both previous threads this is a great area and a nice time of year, lots of bargains to be had as it is the last few weeks and all the shops just want to get rid of there stock for the new coming season, but check out the reviews before making your mind up and use all avalible web links to do your reseach
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.