General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
http://www.lykiaworld.com
Its in Olu Deniz, Turkey and is a fabulous complex for teens. We took our two right through their teenage years and they have had a ball. Its won best resort on the med several times.
Will second that Bridd!!
Lykia World is not really in Olu Deniz, it's a self-contained complex a few miles away. It looks very nice, but we haven't stayed there, so I can't comment.
We stayed in a hotel actually in Olu Deniz last August, and I thought the whole resort was a very safe place for young people. Olu Deniz is a very small resort, so you find your way around very easily and there are lots of nice bars all within short strolling distance of whatever hotel you're in. My teens loved it, and there were plenty of other teenagers in our hotel, holidaying with parents, who were out most nights and came home safely. Whether you allow your teens a lot of freedom or whether you prefer to keep them with you in the evenings, Olu Deniz is a small, safe place for everyone. Our hotel (Club Sun City) had some good entertainment and games for adults and older teens, and my kids enjoyed that.
I'm the type of parent who prefers to keep them with me, and we had some good nights,but if they'd been a little bit older I'd have been quite happy to let them wander off with a group of friends for a couple of hours.
The good thing about the main part of Olu Deniz for teens (Don't know about lykia as not been there). Is that any hotel you book, will allow you to let your teens walk into Olu's main street with it's shops and cafes on their own, I think it was actually pedestrainised.

They can also go down to the main beach on their own. It gives them enough freedom but without you feeling they are too far away from you.

Like Cyber I tend to keep mine close, but if slightly older would have had not probs with them going off for a couple of hours. During the day my daughter (13) often popped up there to the shops if we needed water,snacks etc for the room/beach, as much cheaper than the hotels. Although she did tend to come back with loads of turkish delight as well. LOL. :D
and maybe a request for money for some nice designer fake that she had just spotted in one of the many handbag/jewellery/clothes shops she passed on her way maybe :wink

lyn
I agree that Olu is safe for teens. I allowed my 2 to the shops in the day for slushes etc (and several pairs of shoes in the case of Alys :roll: )
Its big enough for plenty of choice of restaurants etcbut small enough to be friendly.
Hows the planning going Doe? I see Egypt is high on the agenda. We intend to go in 2008 as youngest is Egyptology mad
Lally
Hi lally :D

Sorry only just seen this post. Yes one week to Sharm in April, I've booked flights to the Algarve but no accomm for July and have a further dilema as good friends are going to Port Aventura later in the year and have asked us to go with. But I know I am going to have trouble getting Leave from work.

So I'm afraid Turkey has gone of the agenda at the mo :cry: But I am sure we will be back there sometime, I did love it there, it has everything you could want from a holiday destination. Can't wait to hear have you get on at the ADR, bet it will be brill :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.