Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I wonder wonder who, wonder who, was seen walking bowlegged to the departure gate. :think
Not guilty for dwindling supplies Sagres,when I was there in November I was finishing off stocks of "Tinoco" another nice full bodied tinto, so it must be Pat42 or Roseweb.
Not guilty either......monte velho not very common in Cabanas, although tinoco is....

Roseweb???????????......... :rofl

Hope you had a great time Sagres. We are off on Saturday......will let you know what we think of Lagos.

The wee "local" pub seems to be right on our doorstep....... :hyper :pele :hyper

Pat
:glynis
We tried "As Asinhas" as promised; it's truly a locals' restaurant - we were the only non-Portuguese customers but the welcome was warm when we spoke their own language to them. The steak in mustard sauce is very nice, but it deserves better than the rice and chips with which it came. Another locals' restaurant is A Mathilde --that's alongside the yellow apartment block, known to the taxi drivers as the Berlin Wall, situated on Estrada de Meia Praia, behind the station; Don't try it for lunch as it's heaving with the local construction workers from the multitude of new developments in that area.
Hope your weather is as good as we had - we arrived on the Tuesday morning and, quite literally, didn't see a single cloud until the following Monday and came home with a better tan than we had in September; we spent the shortest day on the 21st, sunbathing on the beach !! :sun2 Have a great time. :wave
went to Paris for a couple of days just before Christmas and went to a rather posh Portuguese restaurant, they had plenty of both white and red we sank a few bottles of each (4 in our party ) but at 17.50 euros per bottle we went steady :rofl the food was excellent but portions were huge :tongue
bill came to 270 euros :yikes
.... :banghead: :banghead: ......... Never thought of checking out Paris for some !!! - Serves me right!! :rofl
€17.50 a bottle thats extortionate, although saying that youngest son paid approx €13 a bottle 2 yrs ago in Royal Orchid Thai restaurant in the old town, thats some profit saying its around €3 a bottle in the supermarkets.
Jayjan where do you shop? All the Monte Velho tinto I have seen costs at least 4.50 euros. If it can be bought for 3 I would love to know where so I can buy a couple of boxes.
Brodev I ve seen it in Modelo, but its a while back so not sure if its increased in price, I have been drinking Tinoco Tinto of late as we have had a stock in the cupboard and trying to make some room ;) :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.