General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi rosalindwarren

i have been to lanzarote a few times and love it there :) If you like the sun but like a nice breeze have you thought about visiting fuerteventura? i have been to both north and south of the island in june and april and both times there was a refreshing welcome breeze!!! if i had to choose which part of fuerteventura i prefered it would have to be jandia in the south-fairly quiet beautiful beaches and nice places to eat. We stayed in the barcelo jandia mar which is now called the barcelo resort in jandia.

hope that helps you and let us know where you decide to go

:)
Thank you red sunset.
Yes I have been looking at fuerteventura as well, it looks lovely. However my son will be 16 next summer and it doesn't look like there is much to do there? He will probably want to take a friend and go out in the evening, I understand that its a little quiet? :cheers
hiya

yes jandia is the quieter part of fuerteventura. the north is family orientated so i guess would suit you and your family better. There are plenty bars and places to eat as well as evening entertainment.

we took our children although they are younger then yours but would still return even when they are older. From what we saw fuerteventura didnt have a huge party scene but i would still say its livelier in the north for families with teenage children.

if i can help anymore please ask.

:)
Surprisingly La Rochelle on the west coast of France. It's a centre for yachting and a lot of people fly kites on Les Minimes beach. (Favourable weather conditions of course!!)
Costa de La Luz...west of Andalucia and you'll have the breeze from the Altantic Ocean.
This area remains unspoilt, still very Spanish and a short flight away...very popular for the kite flyers.!
we stayed in Rhodes Town 2008 and there was a lovely breeze day and night
Try Whitley Bay!!!!!!!!!!
Not only are we lucky enough to get a breeze in July and August, but the whole :swear year!!!!!!!!!!!
Might be a problem with the sun, but I have actually witnessed it once or twice in July and August this year.

Robby :wink:
Menorca was quite windy, you hardly noticed but when trying to watch video back after it was full of wind noise on the mic !
Thank you everyone! I will look into all of those except perhaps Whitley Bay :tup
The Western Algarve is also quite breezy, the further west the breezier really.

Maybe Lagos as that is pretty lively during late July/Aug for your teen. Not clubby in the way of an Ibiza or Ayia Napa, but loads of bars and restaurants and lots of atmosphere. Just dont try and park anywhere , make sure you can walk in to the town -it's kind of pedestrianised, also has a Marina area with a few lively bars.

Not much for teens outside of the six weeks of the school holidays, the far west has a surfer scene but I think you would need to be an experienced surfer or take lessons to surf there, as it looked pretty wild to me looking down at it from a cliff edge. :yikes mega popular though.

Mmm think I might be talking myself into going back there next summer. :rofl
It was breezy in fuengirola on august 5th for 2 weeks even though it was but not as hot as last august..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.