Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
:wave All
Can I just comment on this thread, the fact that I commented on Zante and stated I would not go back is my personal opinion.

I accept that the comments made is in particuar on 1 place on the island (laganas), but hey all the island of Zante felt the earthquake. :cry:

I do not see any romance there even though the earth moved :wink:

I am not that naive to visit an island due to one previous bad experience at Laganas :?: I would not go back to Zante and in the main it is due to earthquakes.

I would not go back to Laganas but may try elsewhere as you stated the scenery was fantastic.

I have never stated that I would not go back to Greece, and as Retsina has fed me more information regarding more 'comfortable' accomodation then I will seek further.

Hope this clarifies my opinion better :roll:

Kind regards

kazee : :D
Hi Kazee :wave

I feel it's wrong that you have been pushed into justifying your opinion, as Wizard said we are all entitled to our opinions and shouldn't be slated because of them.

I hope this thread can now get back on track :D

Happy holidays all :glynis
Hi Kazee,

I think I'd feel the same as you if I'd experienced an earthquake. Great comment about no romance although the earth moved. Have a great hol this year wherever you decide to go. Hubby and I are celebrating our silver wedding in Corfu in May and off to Santorini with family in August. Really looking forward.
:offtop I also feel sorry Kazee has felt the need to justify her opinion. I thought this topic was called 'Where have you been in Greece? marks out of 10.' Which is what she did.

(thanks for the PM Kazee :D )
Woh there Shirley H, Shell and Doepsmc. No personal attack against Kazee was made and non intended, just a simple request to explain why Zante scored only 4 out of 10!

Not sure why you Doepsmc feel sorry for someone who "felt the need to justify her opinion". Quite simply, if you score an Island 4/10 then it is perhaps logical to explain why it scored so low and that was the basis of my post.

I was astounded by the response that the low score of the Island of Zante was based on a 7 day visit by a 40 year old to only one resort that just happens to be one of the 18 - 30 drinking capitals of Europe and an Island that has a history of earthquakes. Now, had the 4/10 been for Laganas there would have been very little else to ascertain! In short I was surprised to say the least that a well travelled person was not aware of the infamous Laganas or the geological faults with the Ionian Islands, and that is the simple truth!

I will apologise now if someone took my 2 related posts as a personal attack, they were simply a series of up front questions raised in order to find out why Zante scored 4/10, fact!

Indeed it is true, we are all entitled to our opinions, but please accept that with an opinion there sometimes is a need to justify it if requested, this is part of life, part of our work, part of relationships etc! Imagine the type of world it would be if we all aired our opinions and no one ever asked why!

And, whilst we are being brutally honest the 4/10 score that the Island of Zante earned was based on the following factors by Kazee:

1. A visit to Laganas in mid October
2. The beach was empty
3. There was an earthquake
4. Half the shops were closed

I remain personally, very comfortable with my posts and not at all "suitably embarrassed"!
  • Edited by CRAVEN 2006-03-09 16:37:43
Hi Kazee,

I really am trying to help:

I am not that naive to visit an island due to one previous bad experience at Laganas I would not go back to Zante and in the main it is due to earthquakes.

Then do not consider the North West Coast of Greece or the Islands of Corfu, Lefkada and Kefalonia, they are all on the same fault!

Please accept that there are many who return to the Ionian Islands year after year and experience tremors on every other visit! Me personally, I wouldnt be put off by the odd tremor.

As I said in a previous post, best to research your destination always!
my warning was not heeded topic now locked

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.