Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Callie

Another area that is very good for snorkelling is Ras um el Sid (also called Habada). At this end of Sharm you snorkel off of jetties into deepish water.

There are various choices of good hotels at Ras um Sid. I stayed at the Rennaisance Golden View Beach, which was very good. Next door is the Hilton Waterfalls also with a good reputation. These are both 5* (Egyptian) B&B hotels.

If it's AI you prefer there is the Iberotel Club Fanara over the road from the Rennaisance. I would imagine there are other AI's as well.

You are 10 mins from NB & 5 mins from Old Sharm in a cab. You can walk to Fantasia, and there is a new shopping centre called El Mercato, but when I went last April it wasn't yet open.

http://sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/index_engl.php

Click on the left map and then hover over the numbers, RGVB is no 11, Waterfalls is no 12, Fanara no 10
Stuff Snorkeling
Get out there and get diving the whole area is absolutely fantastic

when you are looking for a hotel just find one with a house reef then you will be able to see fish just floating on the top
you will be able to see fish just floating on the top

I tend to find that they stay below the surface. ;)
Thanks for the tips - will look at the suggested hotels. Hopefully will find one that doesn't charge a fortune in single supplements as there's three of us..........
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.