Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There are some lovely resorts around the Bodrum Peninsula that are quiet with everything you are looking for; Bitez, Turgutreis, Ortakent or Yalikavak may be what you are after. All these resorts are close to Bodrum too for shopping ans sightseeing and they are all less than an hour from the airport.

Kedi
Icmeler ticks all your boxes, Restauraunts everywhere shops everywhere it's a small pretty resort with a massive resort close by called Marmaris which is only 8 klm away on a cheap dolmus bus that costs 2 lira or less, It also has a market every Wednesday, And a smaller indoor one thats open everyday. Have a read through the many posts on here regarding this friendly little resort where most people go back year after year and those that do go elsewhere then realise what a big mistake it was and always compare Icmeler with everywhere else, Try it once and you will not be dissapointed, Your always guarnteed a warm and friendly welcome everywhere in resort.
  • Edited by rwb46 2009-07-20 18:07:33
Yep, I have to agree with Kedi, the Bodrum peninsula sounds like it would suit you just fine. There's a great motorbike rental shop in Gumbet where you can hire a good bike as well. The peninsula is idea for getting round and seeing all the sights on a bike. Another plus, Bodrum is only 35 minutes away from the airport and from there, the peninsula's your lobster LOL!!
I would see what is available for the dates you want first as there doesnt seem to be much availability for this time of year.
When you are given a choice let us know and then someone will advise you what may be the best for you.
Hi and welcome to HT!

Before you go hiring a motorbike, you should check that your travel insurance policy will cover you as most exclude hazardous activities.

luci :wave
Like you you we enjoy somewhere fairly quiet, but not dead, and are also similar ages to you. For the last few years we have been going to Turunc, and love it there (Wouldn't recommend a package though as the drop offs in Marmaris and Icmeler make it a long transfer). It is very scenic, several really good restaurants, genuine friendly people, shops and a market. and more Turkish than the bigger neighbouring resorts. You can also book trips from here, and boat trips from the harbour. JMturkey travel do transfers & accomodation and have their own website, and also have a look at Turunc village.com. We usually book a flight and hire a car from the airport. Icmeler is quick and easy to get to if you fancy something more lively for a change.
I have recommended Datca before and you could search old posts for the information. You need to be a bit adventurous and DIY but it is a fabulous place, about 2 hours 20 mins from Dalaman through stunning mountain scenery. You could hire a car and drive there - try Pandora cars, or you could get a transfer - try marmaris transfers. At the moment they are charging 75 pounds each way. There is accommodation to suit all pockets and I recommended some on my earlier post.
Hope you have a great time where ever you go.
Wow thanks guys that was fast...... It would seem that packages are out then,?? started looking already, many thanks I will keep y'all posted. :tup
Would second Plumbud's recommendation. Turunc is one of those places that people go back to again and again. Its beautiful, has a lovely villagey atmosphere, but plenty of restaurants, and loads of places to go if thats what you want. Our apartment is booked for then, but if you PM me I can send you a link to our agents site. She manages lots of private apartments and villa's so may be able to offer you a week, although it is a little late.......
Wherever you go if you choose well, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.