Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
best look for somthing around the main town of Irakilon [herakilon] it is central to most of the island

yasus
wizard
Crete's a big and varied island. If you want a wild night life and good beaches then east of Heraklion is as wild as it gets.....too many drunken Brits for me! I've always preferred the Chania area to the west. It's scenically more beautiful, also has great beaches but the White Mountains are spectacular. The night life in Chania is also very good. The Samaria Gorge is the biggest in Europe and Falasarna beach has been voted the best in Europe more than once. It's also more typically Cretan. The famous Minoan ruins are at Knossos near Heraklion but you can do that from Chania area. Hope this helps. Once you've done both east and west of the island you always go back to the west.
clareyfairy17 , i went to Rhodes last year and loved it , we have booked to go to crete for 2010 and staying in Hersonissos, having not stayed there before we will use local transport to get around the island , we dont really want loud night club bars , and prefer laid back taverna's , so hopefully we are close enough if we want it , and far enough away if we dont . we are staying at the Bellos apartments , which will probably be used just for somewhere to sleep .
The area of Ag Nik we were staying in - right on the beach at the Polydoras - VERY few brits. On the beach just outside our studio, I think in the whole week we heard just one English voice. Predominantly greek families.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.