Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
hi it was my first visit to sidari this year it was great we went as a party of 4 and love a bit hussle and bussle but also like to sleep well on nights away from it all we stayed in the esperides owned by a family please read the reviews on hotel reviews as we enjoyed our stay there and about 20 mins walk from everything. good luck with your search :)
We go every year to Sidari, its brillient, we stay in Lagoon Apartments, just off the strip, stones throw from the beach, bars and restaurants, its brillient. The people here are very welcoming, lovely lovely people, Alex, Denis, Paul, Spiros and Stella and Jess the receptionist, all lovely and will go out of their way to help you. you book through First Choice for Lagoon Apartments, beautiful place with beautiful friendly people, cannot wait to go back, only left there two weeks ago and want to go back again!
liz mc wrote:
Hi Everyone

We have just returned from Stalis in Crete and are going to return in September next year as we loved it so much.
I have heard that Sidari is similar and have had a little look on review sites and think it may be what we are looking for as an early June holiday.
Any ideas on where to stay in Sidari? we just want a really friendly clean and welcoming acomodation that is within easy reach of bars, restaurants and the beach...but dont mind a 30 min walk at most.
We are in our late 30's.

Thanks Liz.

Went to Sidari in August 97, Stalis CRETE in July 2000, Sidari for 7 nights in Oct 2008 and are going to Sidari on 28th Sept 2009 for 14 nights, guess that says it all really ;)

Stalis doesn't come close to Sidari, we are staying at the Garnavos Apts , same as last year, basic but comfortable, swimming pool, with shallow kids section, bubble-jet pool and with the use of the sister Hotels facilities including another pool, snack bar and adjoining restaurant.

I'd say choose Sidari :tup
We have booked angelinas apartments- in the canal d'amour area - which has plenty of bars and restaurants-(its about 10 mins walk to main strip)- we were in corfu last year- and these apartments looked lovely compared to some others including the ones we stayed in (olgas). We nipped accross one day for a meal- which was really nice, and our friends stayed the previous year-(They have been going to sidari every year for the past 16 years) and said they were a better standard of apartment, to which they had previousely stayed in!- nice pool, and lovely food!

Belly.
We've booked Angelina's for next year too, look excellent in the brochure and good reviews. LOL, I think we've had this conversation before!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.