Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
grayson99,

You might be a little dissapointed if you're looking for white sands in and around Icmeler. The nature of the coastline means beaches tend to be shale / coarse sand in that part of the world. Your best bet is a trip over to Dalyan. Turtle Beach is a nice place to spend the afternoon and is a nice sand beach (not white though), overlooked by the tombs and the mud baths just up the river.

Darren
The only sand beach I know of in Icmeler is below a cafe on beach walk as you leave Icmeler on the walk to Marmaris.
I cant remember the name of the cafe,but its the 3rd one along from Cafe Del Mar.
The sand is imported and you access it through the restaurant and down some wooden steps.
Its nice and quiet and has 2 rows of sunbeds which are free if you buy a drink or some food from the cafe.
Any other excursions I should know about ie mud baths boat trips ect. Also when do buses stop running at night
I'd suggest checking out Icmeler Online - they run a whole range of excursions and their staff are very knowledgable, so should be able to sort you out with something which will suit your needs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.