Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Have a look at The Holiday Inn Mobor if you have any questions on the area just ask. Or for photo's of the area I have posted a couple of album's of our last couple of trips on http://www.flickr.com/photos/goanjock/ we didn't stay at the Holiday Inn though have in the past (and also for our honeymoon) but The Haathi Mahal and Luisa By The Sea are in the same area
The Marriot is a nice hotel - but instead of being overrun by English bars etc, you'll be overrun by Russian tourists. :shock:

There's not much in the area of the hotel either; it means a short expensive taxi ride into the centre, or a fair walk in the heat. :(
This will be our 3rd time at the Haathi Mahal,good position
short walk to beach,good places to eat,and lots of shops in
walking distance,a good choice. :lol: :wave
ann
I would agree with Tightjock or Aaronds suggestions.

From the description you have given Lisa, I would say Cavelossim would make a lovely base for your parents. There isnt a sports bar/ English bar in site, just wonderful restaurants in abundance. The beach there is also wonderful with plenty of shacks to visit during the day.

:D
Can someone please tell me where VIVA GOA is ......im told you can get a large vodka in there for 22 rupees :glynis ...also BOBS INN.....where can I find that :?: and can you get food in it or is it a bar ....and is there a beach shack down the road beside bobs inn :?: I have these places on my list of things to do in goa but I have not wrote enough down about them .........colleen
im told you can get a large vodka in there for 22 rupees

:roll: Trust you colleen :lol: :lol:
Bob's Inn is near the top of the map - it has a reputation you know. :wink:
Quincy's Corner is a shack you should try. 8)

Viva Goa slightly down from Bob's Inn.

Johnthemap
Max I'm intrigued, a reputation for what.

:smokin
:tut
This is where "Lord Lucan" was meant to drink.

On Candolim to Calangute road on right hand side of road going towards Calangute.
reputation for what ?

I'll try to be careful and avoid any libel issues. :lol:

Bob's Inn was a favourite hang out for many of the early european visitors to Goa, many of whom never went home and stayed in the area to this day. :lol:
Lets just say - that many of these visitors would enjoy more than Kingfishers or Honey Bees. :wink:
There is a book referring to it. It was brilliant, but cannot remember what it was called. I read it while in Goa, so meant more to me.
Viva Goa is great. Very basic but it's great to sit outside and have the craic with everyone! The food is good and very, very cheap.

:D
Hi Roma where is Viva Goa? ive heard of the name, but cant place it?
Click here. I've already answered this further up the page. :roll:
It's on your right, half way between Candolim market and Bob's Inn, when heading towards Calangute.
On the block of premises just before Lawande Supermarket and adjacent to Cactus
GFF xx
Opposite Original Fakes in Candolim.
Hi Gemma - GFF and Max 13 Biker have answered accurately but goangirl is either at a different Viva Goa or some way off!
It's Viva Bar opposite Original Fakes in Candolim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.