Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
which area
7 Posts
Hi Mrs B
Do yo know what kind of holiday they are looking for, what kind of things they like to do ie do they want a resort with lots of nightlife etc. That will make it easier for people to recommend resorts suitable for them. I'm sure they will love wherever they go!
the resorts in turkey vary hugely, from quiet traditional turkish resorts to very busy, if you give us more information then we could recommend a resort better, things like, do you want a sandy beach or not too bothered,do you want lots of shops,or would prefer a traditional quiet resort, within how far from the airport would you be happy to travel etc, everyone has their favourites, so any resorts recommended its best to read up on, as ive seen people recommending busy resorts when someones asked for quiet etc. 2 of my kids are the same ages and are equally happy in a quiet resort to a busy :think
She would love a sandy beach, she wants night life but not where its in your face, she likes bars and nice restuarants, her 16 year old is into water sports so would good if there was a water park near by.
Shops would be good so have a wander about and spend money she hasnt got!!!!!
We all have our favourites mrsB . I have boys of the same age and whilst I havnt travelled extensively over turkey i have been to a few resorts and Olu Deniz is still our favourite . It ticks all of your boxes above . It's a beautiful scenic resort , with enough bars, restaurants and shops to keep you happy whilst still with plenty to do .Lots of boat trips, excursions and paragliding .. There are a few late night bars ,a couple that have dancing , Crusos do foam parties which the teens love and it's a very safe resort as everything is compact and close by. There is also Hisaronu a couple of miles away in the mountains is you want some wilder night life.

Icmeler would also be a good option although bigger and a bit more in your face but not as busy as Marmaris .

I dont know a lot about Altimkum but that could be worth a look and possibly Bodrum but I think that could be too busy for her . There are many smaller resorts along that peninsular such as turgetreis and bitez.. . Ive been to Turgutreis . We were staying all inclusive a 10 minute walk from town so didnt spend a lot of time there but I wasnt keen on the town there.
olu deniz is a medium sized resort with a lovely sandy lagoon area , the scenery is fab, the main beach is shingly so they would have to go to the lagoon for sand but its beautiful and within walking distance of olu deniz or the beaches provide free transport, there is paragliding off the mountain which my hubby did and loved it. there are boat trips. you have hisaronu about 5 mins in the dolmus with more shops and bars,and then ovacik , these are all within 3-4 miles of each other, 1 of the hotels in ovacik has a small waterpark that you can pay to go in, so does lykia world, but as its full board its a bit dear but the food is to die for

here are some links to look at

http://www.granducel.com/

http://www.lykiaworld.com/Cultures/en-US/Default.aspx

good luck with where ever you choose, a warning if you choose 1 of the bigger resorts you might get some hassle so choose carefully, ive been to most resorts in turkey over 27 years and olu deniz is lovely
When would she be going? I would maybe suggest having a look at Gumbet but if she is thinking of July and August it may be a bit too busy, although there are quieter parts to the resort all season round.

The beach is nice, there are some lovely sandy parts towards the edge of the bay, although the middle part is more shingly and thre are loads of water sports all along, there is also a waterpark about 20 minutes away.

There are lots of bars and restaurants ranging from very lively places to quieter more relaxing ones, plus lots of different restaurants and plety of shops to browse around. It is also just 10 minutes by bus to Bodrum.

If she thinks it sounds too livley then maybe Bitez, the next resort along. It is smaller and quieter and has a nice beach, shingly along one part and sandy towards the other end, lots of restaurants and a few bars.

If you want to know any more please feel free to ask.

Kedi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.