Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
:D Hello

We have booked the Coral Sea Resort for 2 weeks next Aug

Read the reviews on this hotel

Lots for kiddies and adults to do

Right on beach and A/I
Hello!

Is somebody going to the Iberotel Club Fanara???!!!

I'm going alone from 3 till 10 of january.

If anyone goes there please let me know!!! :!:
My sister's there at the moment - i'll ask her about it when she gets back next week.
Did your sister go there alone?

I'm afraid that it can be boringly there without a company.

Do you have the same experience in a lonely travelling?

All of my friends can't go with me.

I've never been in Egypt ... particulary alone.
Maybe a bit late now but for young single people I would recommend heading to one of the hotels in the Naama Bay area on BB basis. That way one is sure to meet new people and make friends. Or one of the smaller hotels in the Assala area of Dahab as that is a very relaxed, casual atmosphere where it easy to make friends.
:lol:
Is there anywhere in particular you'd recommend for young singletons travelling alone who aren't especially fussed about making new friends, but just want to chill out, forget about work and maybe take in a bit of culture?
(Am thinking hotels in Luxor, having done a Nile cruise last year, but am open to Sharm/other suggestions, obviously minus the 'culture' aspect!)
Hi Tolstuha

We have been looking at that hotel as well, will be good to hear what blondeambition's sister thought of it.

Sue
Hi Sue!

All advice from my tour operators were positive.

I hope that it will be truth!
So do I as it does look nice, fingers crossed.

Sue
Choirgirl...

Nuweiba.

People go there to get lost by themselves and relax alone on the sandy beaches, in peace and tranquility and yet in beautiful surroundings. The snorkelling is also excellent, especially as there are practically no other people swimming and snorkelling in the same area - unlike Sharm where the seas are teeming with snorkellers and divers.

Good range of excursions close by... St Catherine Monastery, Coloured Canyon, White Canyon, Pharoahs Island and Salah el Deen Castle, etc etc
Choirgirl

Have to agree with Swiss.

We are going back to Nuweiba for the fifth time on 18 Dec for 2 weeks,for our fourth Xmas in a row there.
Choirgirl

Seeing as these other guys have "let the cat out of the bag" regarding Nuweiba, I have to agree with them that it IS the best place in Egypt to just chill out in beautiful surroundings. Please dont tell anyone else though, otherwise they'll all be discovering it!? :roll: :wink:
If you are thinking of Luxor can recommend the Sheraton - well placed, small-sh and friendly. It has a lovely outside bar area where you can sit and watch the boats go up and down the Nile... very relaxing.
We had a lot of 'diver widows' from our hotel and a lady who goes 4 times a year who is also on her own. We made friends with them easily on the beach, and went to restaurants with them and had fun. The diving widow met up with her family in the evening. So we went out in the evening. It is very easy to make new friends, Egypt is very friendly.
Cheers guys

Your advice and superior knowledge is much appreciated!! :thanks :bow :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.