Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Welcome to HT :wave:

There is some good information and links that might help you in this existing topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=147144

The Sonesta Club and the Holiday Village get mentions for kids and both have kids clubs and water slides etc

All I know about the Jollie Ville is that it is located very close to the centre of Naama Bay with its own sandy beach just over the promenade, I have stopped in there for a few beers with friends on a couple of occasions and it looks lovely, perhaps somebody can give you more info on the hotel.

Graham
It is lovely but ask for beach side not mountain view, you will pay more for beach side though. It is on the corner of Naama bays entrance. Nice food . Sorry i cannot comment on kids entertainment as i don't know.

Sonesta club has apparently a good kids club, when we walked through it there was a lot of children. They have a few water slides as well.

The beach is across a road (The peace Road) and you enter by the Sonesta beach the sister hotel. Or you can walk down an alley way, either way it brings you to the beach.

Other hotels in Sharks bay have a lot of slides/aqua parks etc eg, the Aqua Blu which is pretty good by all accounts. Also the Holiday Village is geared for children.

For access into NB normally the hotel lays on a bus, or a cab, its not to expensive, if you venture in a few times as apposed to a lot.
By the way - on trip advisor way up how many bad reviews and how many good, and also what the problems are. Everyones thought process is different ;)
Hi, I stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville, beach side, in Sept 98.

As Derwentrocker suggests reviews are subjective. What suits one person may not be suitable for another and I think that ones opinion is affected by previous experience and expectations. I thought that the Jolie Ville was reasonable but not as good as I was led to believe from reviews available at the time and the price paid/rating so I was quite disappointed. Conversely I have recently returned from the hotel next door, Ghazala Beach which is a lower rated hotel from which I was expecting very little so was quite happy with what I got!
Anyway, back to Jolie Ville

Positive
Rooms and public areas spotless
Good position on corner of Naama Bay and promenade
Room service reasonably priced (required as daughter had bad tonsilitis)
Lovely beach
Good mix of nationalities
Lack of rowdy behaviour

Negative
Rooms dated
Proximity to Naama Bay means that there is late night noise from Pacha nightclub
Restaurants expensive
Staff at breakfast unattentive eg told not to help oneself to coffee but staff not available for refills etc
No pool waiter service
Local people came to use pool late afternoon and would stand next to your sunlounger until it was vacated, others standing smoking in pool and flicking ash in overflow channels (as at Sept 08)

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Caro
Forgot to mention we stayed on B&B basis which I think is the norm at Jolie Ville. Not sure if AI is available.
All booked up to go in a couple of weeks - staying in the Royal Grand Azure. Thanks for all the comments.

:)
Hi Rafa,

Hope you have a great times. We are returning to Sharm in August for the 4th time (1st to RGA)

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.