Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Which area ?
39 Posts
never been to this island, but was in Ibiza this year with wife n 2 kids under 6.......loved it in Santa Eulalia, HB at Siesta Hotel.
kids thought kids club great, so want similar next year.
is it worth going AI? kids are fussy eaters, but always hungry!

Mark
I would be most grateful for some ideas on where to stay in the half term holiday in october. We are well aware that it is the end of the season and a lot of the towns will not be busy. Either self catering or a hotel would be fine and would love a pool for hubby, me and our two teenagers. Many thanks
Have you thought of maybe staying in Mahon or Cuitadella? At least if it's quiet there may be a little life in the 2 main towns.

Have a browse through our Review site and see what other holidaymakers have to say:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/
We've been to Es Cana in Ibiza and visited Santa Eulalia.........also been to Menorca a couple of times.

Menorca is a lot quieter but a kid's resort is Cala N Forcat and my parents stayed in the Almirante Farragut Hotel and still talk about how much they enjoyed it there and how good the food was.

Here's the reviews for the above hotel Click Here

Try looking at the other hotels in Menorca that we have reviews on:- HERE
The weather in menorca at this time of year is very unpredictable - last time i was the for the last week in october, the weather was better at home!

Have you considered the canaries?

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
menorca is great for the little ones (and the big ones!!)

have a look at accomodation in both cala n bosch and cala n forcat, depending on what youre after you should find something to suit!!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Cala N Bosch suits all ages, and is much quieter during the times out of the school holidays.

Caroline & kirsten :wave
Binebeca Beach Club, Binebeca is a lovely resort in the south east of the island, also a very short transfer from Mahon airport. I've stayed there twice in 2000 & 2001, lovely pool area, restaurants just a short walk. not much else there so ideal for a relaxing holiday, beach is small and does attract quite a few visitors. I believe the complex has been extended since I was last there but I thought it was a lovely little resort with a real village feel to it. I would recomend hiring a car to explore, there's lots of little coves and hidden beaches which you can sometimes have all to yourself..! Would definately go back.
Cala Galdana end of Oct early Nov 8)
Thanks everyone.

Cala Galdana was the one we thought might suit us actually.
As for going end of October time, are there still restaurants etc open at that time of year?

Lisa
I went on 3rd of Oct 03, no kids just me and my wife.

I had no problems with restaurants, shops etc. It did seem as if the whole resort turned into a 'you must be over 35' atmosphere. We spent at least a few hours on the beach every day, had a drive and went to visit a few places.

The evening was best, more mature couples just strolling around. On a calm evening take a slow walk around the bay at the edge of the surf. Yaught moored on the horizon, big moon, get the idea? Paradise.
Sounds like my ideal!

How was was the temp when you went?
It was hot enough to lay on the beach during the day, light jacket stuff in the evening. We may have just got lucky though.

Cala Galdana was just what we was looking for that time of the year.

http://www.royturner.co.uk/images/stories/holiday/menorca_general/mg1t.jpg http://www.royturner.co.uk/images/stories/holiday/menorca_general/mg2t.jpghttp://www.royturner.co.uk/images/stories/holiday/menorca_general/mg3t.jpghttp://www.royturner.co.uk/images/stories/holiday/menorca_general/mg4t.jpg

There's some other pictures of place I had a look at here linky

Have a good 'un lucky girl, wish I was going again this year :cry:
*edit to update links
Cala Galanda for sure, its a wonderful place, we spent a week there last October (flew out on 4th) and the weather was wonderful, hot enough to sunbathe and warm enough to sit outside in the evenings with a light cardigan. I think we really got lucky though, the hotel bar staff said it was the hottest October they'd had in years, it weather started to turn a lot cooler the day before we left. But even still its a gorgeous place.
Never been to Menorca but would like to stay in a resort quite near to either of these two capitals. Like to sightsee and harbours, castles, promenades,shops, Don't particularly like modern shops. More like cobbled streets and things. Any info would be most helpful.
Mahon has pretty much all you are asking for. Cuitdella is nice but on a smaller scale.

If you stay in the middle of the island then the drive to both isnt very far.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Sorry, I would say cuitadella, it is flatter, and the harbour is prettier. Lots of lovely little squares to explore.
I agree with debbg, cuitadella is the prettiest and quaintest of the two places, if you hire a car you should be able to go to both. :)
'Thinking of going to Menorca in September, been before to S'algar with kids but it will be just me and the wife.can anyone suggest a resort with good restaurants, entertainment,self catering complex,not to many kids. :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.