Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Which Resort?
5 Posts
I have a few suggestions that you may wish to take into consideration;

Perhaps the Iberostar Bouganville Playa. The hotel is a really good hotel, close to the beach (although black sand, so not the nicest!). It is close to a good sized shopping centre, and has good access to lively nightife, but nothing too rowdy. Its in the moer Northern end of Las Americas, relativly close to both main Las Americas and Costa Adeje, should you wish to visit. However you may have a few concerns, the area around the property can be quite hilly! I'm not sure were abouts a flat area comes on your priorities list, but you may want to bare this in mind! The hotel doesnt state it has a fridge in the room, but it does have a minibar. I have stayed in Iberostar hotels before were they have said they have mini bars, but have actually been fridges, so you may want to investigate that further! I also think this hotel is great value for money!

Another place to consider is the Riu Tenerife Palace in Costa Adeje/Playa Del Duque! It is near a lovely golden sand beach, has fairly relaxed nightlife, nothing too boring, but no raving here! It is a fairly expensive hotel, but is very luxurious! I cant seem to recall if it is very hily round here, but alot of the resorts tend not to be too flat! However I do believe that it doesnt have a fridge in the room but a minibar!

A good all rounder for you might be the Mare Nostrum resort in eastern Las Americas! It is quite expensive, but just across the prom to the beach (golden sand) close to commerical centres and family friendly nightlife! It is also flat round here, which is a bonus!

If I havent bored you and you are still reading then my final recommendation would be the Arona Gran in Los Cristianos! Its located on the sea front, not too far from the resort centre. Again not sure about the fridge! Not too much of a hilly area!

I know you only asked for resort but I thought you mite want some hotel recommendations aswell! Hope this helps, or feel free to ask more!
Thanks for that very helpful reply

i dont mind hills and i dont expect anywhere in the canaries to be flat (afterall they are full of volcanos!) lol i just dont quite fancy the 30min uphill walk we had from the beach this year in Purto Del Carmen - mind you it did do my calfs a bit of good ! lol

Ive been looking at the Costa Adeje and the Hotel Guayarmina Princess - the thing tha tworries me is that ive read everywhere that its a new resort and purpose built, im just a bit worried its going to have no atmosphere!

black beaches are ok, would prefer white, but only cos of littleun and the sand getting so dam hot!

will look into some of your other suggestions
Hi again,

I still think my early replies may be worth considering, however i thought id give you a little info on the Guayarmina hotel and the surrounding area. The Guayarmina itself is a lovely hotel, we have friends who stay there, and the sister hotel Bahia Princess, every year! The hotel does have lift access from the pool area to the promenade, which you can then get down a ramp to the beach, which is useful however i do believe the lift service stops about 10pm(ish)! There are lots of bars, shops and restaurants in the surrounding area, including a commercial centre a few blocks down! The beach is a good size, but black sand, however is still good enough for the occaisional visit! It is a fairly modern area (the more right you go of the hotel, the newer!) but dont let it put you off it is a fantastic resort! It takes about 45 mins to walk to the centre of Las Americas from this area, or a few mins in a taxi. The area is slightly hilly, but nothing to drastic or taxing. The rooms at the hotel also contain a fridge! If you do choose it, it is an excellent hotel and you would not have a disappointing holiday!

I have some pictures of the area and hotel if you pm me an email address i'd be more than happy to send them to you?

Hope this helps!
Dont forget Puerto de la Cruz, we used to take our children there and they loved it. A little more cloud cover, which always helps with children. There is a lovely beach with showers and changing rooms. A nice buffet cafe that is reasonable priced. Although the sea can be rough, there is a lovely sea water lido, with many pools including a shallow one for children. There are lots of hotels, of all prices, plenty of cafes and restaurents if you are self catering. We have aways found that it is a quieter resort, with a slower pace of life, not to large so easy to get around. And they would love the Parrot Park, a great day out. Enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.