Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Which Resort.??
13 Posts
although we always stay in calangute i would prefer candolim as it is a bit quieter dont ask why i stay in calangute and prefer candolim because oh tells me too :cheers :rofl
well i would say for first time Calangute but somewhere around by St Anthonys chapel,as its the quieter part but walking distance to cal town and two minutes in a taxi to candolim ,near the Mapusa rd,and 5 mins to Baga,plenty of taxis available,bread and cake shop, bars,restaurents,etc
I second what dragon just said. We are going for our third time and stay at the Osborne just opposite St Anthonys. In a quiet bit but only a few minutes away from the livlier areas. We are 47 and 52 if that helps.
55 and 58(but like you,young at heart and mind) and we still prefer Baga,Yes it is busy and a bit chaotic,but we can always find peace and quiet a short walk or taxi ride away.This will be our 14th time,each year we say we will have a break from Goa next year,but we start getting withdrawal symptoms as soon as we get home! :cheers
what about the CSM, thats close to the beach/bars/restuarants

J :cheers
We are 55 and 62 here so you are in good company :) I would agree with dragon too. We stay in the St. Anthony's Chapel area, close to the beach. It's definitely a quieter part of town but not too far away from a bit of action when you want it and easy to get from to either Baga or Calangute main street or to Candolim.

I prefer Candolim for restaurants though.

Have stayed down at Candolim a couple of times but somehow missed the buzz of Calangute :que
Fizz
Same as posters above..Calangute. Osborne you can just cross the road ..down the track to really good shacks too. As you come off the track onto the beach...Fishermans is on the right (run by Tony)..and on the left Buddha Bar (Sylvester his brother!) Mira or Colonial de Braganza are ok too...right 'in' Calangute but just in side street. ;)
Thanks to everyone for your very helpful replies.

If we ever bump into each other while we're there, remind me that I owe you a drink........!

Cheers,
LJ.
try the meets on wednesday nights while you are there and meet everyone a very friendly crowd they all are :cheers
hi there, did you decide where to stay yet? we always stay in Candolim but probably having a change next season and be in Calangute.
Thanks Pieeater, .......I take it that's the Carvery place in Candolim you mean? Been reading about it on the forum, sounds like a great idea, We'll definitely check it out.
Silver Angel, looks like its pretty unanimous for Calangute, from the replies we've seen.! We're busy checking out deals and hotels, hopefully
get booked soon. Roll on November....!

PS = Sorry for the delay in posting reply, been working away.

Cheers, LJ
Have a great holiday wherever you decide to book Lucky Jim ;) I agree with the others above, calangute/ candolim... but nothing is far away anyway , the resorts all lead into one another and are walking distance from each other really...look forward to perhaps meeting you one wednesday at the carvery meets
Chilly :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.