Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Which resort?
5 Posts
Hi Carl ,assuming you are thinking of the Red Sea you only really have a few resort options. Most are areas of sharm and then a couple of options flying into Hurgharda . If you want relatively lively I would stick with sharm as options such as makadi, soma, El gouna via hurgharda are fairly chilled and relaxed.

Sharm is a huge coastline that stretches for miles . Within that you have the main town of Naama Bay which is where you will find as lively as you are going to get here .Mostly B&B , HB options but there are a few A/I's now if you search hard enough. Bright lights, shops, restaurants and a few clubs such as pacha etc but it's not a lads style place if that is what you are after. Then you will see other areas advertised such as Nabq Bay & sharks bay . Both these areas have newly purpose built shopping, eating, leisure type areas if you want a change of scenary from the predominantly A/I hotels and complexes that line the coast. Sharks bay has soho square http://www.soho-sharm.com/ . Besides that most of these hotels will provide a courtesy bus into Naama bay or a taxi is cheap . The furthest you are likely to be is around 20-25 minutes and that would be nabq bay . sharks bay is around 15. There are some maps in the sticky topics that may help too.

There is a bewildering array of hotels .. have you narrowed a selection down that we can help you with Carl?

lyn
sorry forgot the weather ..I've never been at that time of year but It will be very good . Hot , maybe 25-30 degrees . They have very little if any rain in Egypt and it's mainly hot all year round . Coolest time would be Dec/jan but it's still 20-25.
Thanks for the reply, I'll be going with my wife, we're not looking for clubs and stuff like that we just wouldn't want to be in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do outside of the hotel.
We have been to Sharm but liked Hurghada much better.
We have only been in November/December and the weather seemed warmer and less windy in Hurghada.
Although I havent stayed at the Sunrise Resort hotel is gets very good reviews and is very near to downtown Hurghada . :sun2 We stayed at the Sindbad Aqua hotel which was excellent but it seems not many British guests go here now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.