General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Who packs what?
56 Posts
Hi Helen, youre not on youre own there. My hubby is the same. He wont buy holiday clothes either. I really have to nag before he buys anything. Then its only a couple of things. He will say " i have got t shirts in the drawer" and i will say "yes, but they are not holiday clothes, you wear those every day !!!". Sometimes i dont know why i bother. As for packing, i do it all, and yes..... even his shaver. God help me if i forgot anything. In one way i prefer it that way, because then i know whats packed and what isnt.
I am really lucky mine not only packs the suitcase he also irons the things too I can admit I am totally hopeless at packing,when we arrive we unpack together while our daughter helps she is 8 now but still likes to try.He carries the suitcases and gets them at the luggage collection too I just get the trolley .Got to admit it makes it so easy on me all I need to do is make sure Hannah is safe and find the toilet and she is happy.He also pays for everything and carries the shopping bags which considering our last 2 holidays have been to Florida have been heavy but he never complains .
My husband is a tour driver and packs for himself every week. I won't attempt it and then I can't get the blame if anything is left out! It's the same going on holiday, he packs his stuff, I pack mine and then so that HIS case is not overweight he puts the excess into mine.
HelenT - is your husband a bigamist :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think we are married to the same man!!!!

I buy all the clothes.
I pack all the clothes.
I wash and iron all the clothes.
I tell hubby what clothes to wear (he does ask!!!!)
joolz it looks like we are all sharing the same man :lol: I also do all the buying, packing, washing and iorning and also tell him what to wear-I feel like his mother :roll:
Same here! I do everything before and after the holiday. Hubby's contribution to last years packing was to remind me to put his Soduko book in his hand luggage. He swiftly ran out the door as the Soduko book flew past his head! :roll: However, I would'nt have it any other way at least I know that we will have everything we need (and more).
We are definately all sharing the same man :D :D . mine even says the same words as helens :D :D

Are their any men that want to defend themselves. theve gone very quiet :shock: :shock:
i've never understood what all the fuss is about.
you're going on holiday :D
passport, credit cards, tickets and money sorted first.
count number of days away and take socks/pants/shirts accordingly. i fold shirts round carrier bags to keep some sort of crease(tip picked up from this site), and they do for dirty washing.
shorts and swimwear-2 pairs of each.towel to lie on on sunbed, toiletries and books.mp3 player.flipflops(if last years still wearable)and trainers/shoes depending on what i wear to travel in.
job done. total time spent -10 miutes maximum.
if i'm going somewhere i will need a coat/fleece i wear it to go, or don't take one.
i try to avoid having both hand luggage and hold luggage. only need mp3 and book on plane.
if i go for long weekend with only hand luggage, i dispense with most of the toiletries(as most hotels i stay in provide them, and it makes it easier at security), and just buy suntan lotion etc locally.
so again, what is the problem :D
Have always packed my own case on every holiday.
the wife does our packing

takes her a few hours because she has to iron everything first

i just chuck what i'm taking in a pile by the ironing board and its there all put away nicely when i open the wardrobe on holiday

for years i thought it was the pixies until she forgot to put a shirt in then i knew it was her

because the pixies wouldnt have forgotten :D
Women have many faults,

Men have only two.

Everthing they SAY and everything they DO!!!!!!
thats oh so true :D
Everything we think?
I Buy

I List

I Pack

I Unpack

I RE-pack

I Wash

I Iron

I Put away

I Sleep :hyper
I do EVERYTHING as well - for all 6 of us - it can be a nightmare trying to remember it all:? :shock:

I buy all clothes/shoes, research the hols including location and best prices, book, order currency and collect it, sort vaccinations, organise transfers, budget, sort the cat out, pack, unpack on arrival (tho I do get help with this now), washing whilst away, repack to return, unpack when home, washing and then I send what needs ironing out to our local ironing service :D (I'm not doing that as well!) and then I put everything away!

What I do insist on is that Mr HD looks after all the money whilst we are away and gets me drinks on demand :lol: :lol: He also does the majority of running around after the kids as well!

Works quite well :D
i also do everything x 5, other half just says whatever to everything.
Jimdf - 2 pairs of shorts!!!! You either spend time washing clothes on hols which is a definite no! no! or I wouldn't fancy sitting next to you at dinner - and I call my hubby Onslow! :lol:
helen
i assume you misread my post, or did not understand the difference between pants and shorts.
i doubt there is any man who takes a different pair of trousers/shorts for every day of their holiday,
and as for wearing shorts to dinner? :swear :swear
To jimd_f,
My husband dooes not take trousers/ shorts for everyday. He will not wear shorts but takes trousers for every day AND everynight. He is the man, who going to the pub for a game of pool wears a suit and shirt and tie. He normally wears two shirts(in hot weather 3 shirts, 2 trousers etc a day. The ironing drives me crazy, any suggestions?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.