General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Most definitly me ;)

And that goes for hols with Hubby, friends or family. I think I'm very good at it as do they but I seceretly suspect I'm a closet control freak and can't imagine ANYONE could do it better than me :rofl

Suits me fine though as I really enjoy the research etc. and getting the best deal possible.
Mostly me. My wife does the packing, books the taxi to the airport and looks after the spending money and documents but I'm the one who researches the resort and books the accommodation, flights and car hire. I also do all the research for trips out using advice and recommendations from HT and other forums.
  • Edited by Robbo11 2008-03-08 13:44:35
Me, for everything. I got lists for lists too. :)
Control freak then Wizard

oi you not so much of the control :rofl :rofl

OH not interested in doing the hard bit only casting approval over the results [ just like any other boss] :que
Me ;) . I do everything , research where to go and hotels , booking, packing , shopping , everything . nobody else in my house is interested until we are off to the airport. one very important thing though is hubby pays :tup
Me, Me, Me, Me ! I can honestly say if I didn't do it we wouldn't have had a holiday in 25 years. Nobodys interested. :( But worse than your report Lyn, I also have to go to work to help pay for it all. Where did it all go wrong I ask myself ? :duh :rofl

Not long now Lyn till you are :sun2 and :cheers
Me, I do it all, choosing where to go, booking, sorting out spending money, shopping, the lot. I often think I would quite like to just get in the taxi and go to the airport, having it all done for me! But that will never happen.... :rofl
one very important thing though is hubby pays

but worse than your report Lyn, I also have to go to work to help pay for it all. Where did it all go wrong I ask myself ?

Actually that wasnt entirely true what I said about hubby paying it all Chris. I do manage to pay for most of the cost for our extra week at easter because its the only way I can justify having it :tup and the costs of our weekend breaks are mostly paid from with credit card cashback/quidco/tesco clubcard vouchers. but Dave has to come up with the spening money .

lyn
I talk OH round to 'suggesting' where I would like to go then he thinks it was his idea all along and I can blame him if things go bottom up.

Fortunately it's never happened....yet.

Patka
I do it all in our family, research, booking and even the organisation of the car parking and currency. Then I get to do all the ironing and packing and the washing when we get home! Like you Linda I wish someone else would take over so I too could just turn up and go, but likewise I know it won't happen. I love my holidays, but do sometimes wonder if the 2 weeks R&R does actually make up for the months of planning that goes into it.

Pam :)
Like doepsmc we wouldn't go away at all if I didn't do all the planning and booking. My OH really dislikes going on holiday and it is hard work getting him to agree to go anywhere. Which is why I travel solo most of the time. We have taken a few long haul touring holidays together in the past and I did all the research and booked the trips and then a few days before travel he would start reading the guide book and planning what to do and see when we got to our destination.
I also do all the holiday planning, booking and organising. Husband and I have a bit of a chat about where I am suggesting :D then i spend ages on here checking the best way to get there and where to stay. He takes no interest until we are on our way to the airport. generally we have picked really well and have a lovely time. My one boo boo was January this year we went to marrakech :rage horrible place, waste of a weeks leave.
I also pay for it as other wise we wouldnt have a holiday!
;) hugs la
It's surprising how many of us women take over the holiday organizing. It would be nice to have some help but on the other hand I don't think I could relax and let OH do it for me. Unfortunately, I have to be in control. It's really not a nice thing as it's the same at home. We've been married for 27 years and somehow I've been the one to do everything from making sure the bills are paid, making important telephone calls, deciding what to buy for the weekly shop, booking dentist appointments, doctor's appointments, making sure the children did their homework etc, etc. Hubby just seems to go to work and makes sure any jobs on the house get done.
Me, me, me and me!

I book everything (spend hours looking for the bargains). Hubby packs his own case (thank god as I panic packing my own [Shall I take this belt.....urmmmm]).

We go together for the currency. Hubby drives to the airport but I book the car park etc.

I'd love someone to do it all for me as a surprise (my friends husband did this for her once. She thought she was taking her brother and SIL to the airport and when she got there her and hubby were going as well. They'd packed her case on the sly - the lot. Only problem was she'd been round my house the night before for a few drinks and didn't want to go the airport :rofl Her hair was all squew whiff and she was wearing her old tracky bottoms :rofl )

I'd flap though incase they hadn't packed my hair tongs and favourite clothes (or worse still clothes that no longer fit!! :yikes )
in that case Glynis do you want to do mine for next year :duh :rofl :rofl
Most definitely me. I have a long list of places that we've said over the years that we'd like to visit and am gradually working my through but the trouble is it keeps getting added to!!
Funds permitting we usually go on a city break (jointly decided but with me doing all the planning) and then a fortnight holiday (usually decided by me)
My hubby says he just likes to know what time he has to get up and ready for the airport!! So it's always me who does the research/booking, packs, books the car park etc.
Actually I don't mind too much, it gives a me a good excuse to spend hours on HT!!!
I am our organiser. Last year a crowd of us decided to go together.guess who got the task of organising! After a few weeks of trying to pin people down to dates, destinations and costs I gave up :banghead: and OH and I had a lovely week on our own. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.