Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Well, you contacted me for info today, and I was honest. If you think that is moaning, you are wrong, although I mentioned none of things you have derided in your post above. I find your post is quite offensive - people go abroad for all sorts of reasons, which may or not be the same as yours. I certainly don't go for the animation teams!

If you want to get information and seek opinions, I would recommend thanking the people who spend time replying and answering your questions. I was quite suprised to come on tonight and get another pm from you starting with a question rather than a thank you for giving you a fair amount of information this morning. If you have sent messages to others, or intend to send any more, a word of thanks would help.

To post in the way you have above when people have spent time to give you advice is really unpleasant.
not exactly sure what you actually think a hotel review should be about?? Of course folks will describe the room and the bathroom. After all they can spend good money for accomodation and would expect to get a good standard. I would also want to know what is going on around the hotel. For instance, some might demand a good animation programme- if there is one, I would tend to avoid it like the plague.I dont go on holiday for that, but fully appreciate it can be vital for others. As for a hairdryer- why bother packing one if you find out there is one in the room. Is that not something that is useful information- unless of course you are bald :D
Finally- at least 2 people have gone out of their way to help you with queries. both on and off the forum, so I find this post very strange. I hope you were not aiming it at them.
People take time to write reviews. you make not like them, but you will certainly get a good overview.
In response:
I think my post has been totally misconstrued. It was not aimed at you Meerkat or for that matter anyone in particular. My private messages to you started with a 'Hi' and ended with a 'thankyou'. I also said 'please', would 'appreciate' some info. I am a professional person in the legal system so maybe the way I compose is to the point but certainly not blunt or designed to offend.

I agree with you Fiona that information is vital. As you suggest, let others know there's no hairdryer facility or how big a room is etc. My point was there are some people who want home from home in a foreign country, aren't going to get it and use this forum as a place to moan and groan. That is not effective reviewing!

Meerkat: As for my enquiries about animacion teams, competitions: I am not obsessed with it as you accuse me of in a pm. Those who replied, including yourself could not provide all the answers to my enquiries so of course I'm going to seek further information. I needed the info quickly so our party could make a decision on a hotel/resort asap. We are a group of some 25 people from Holland, UK, Germany, Belgium, Spain & Italy who meet up for a holiday twice a year. So to ensure the choice is available to all we need to book way in advance. We all spent the last week or so sourcing information, (predominantly about Egypt & Turkey), and communicating information backwards & forwards.
As said in my original post, I appreciate people go on holiday abroad for different reasons and was not so rude as to comment negatively on what your preference is as you have on mine.
Maybe not your cup of team but an animation team is added fun for us because we have a mini competition amongst ourselves and if awards are given out it merely provides more ammunition for the banter that goes on about one country/couple/team dominating over others. It's just a bit of fun that we have done for years. Other guests actually find amusing and some join in; hence why the group has expanded over the past 5 years.

I am entitled to make enquiries on the forums of different countries when considering where to go on my holiday for this year and future vacations so you really should not be condemning me for doing so.
I ask specific questions and seek answers; if you cannot answer them, others may well be able to. In fact, since my last post I have found out that entertainment may not be as low key as you believe. People have downloaded video clips of their holidays at Eygptian hotels on u toob, showing guests joining in the majority of the activities I referred to as well as shows such as Grease, Michael Jackson etc. Feedback on other review sites also state that some of this goes on at HSB. Maybe not to the extent of other places but they do have audience participation shows and daytime sports activities.
Anyway, I am able to make my own fun if it is not available and despite your belief that I will be bored, I know I will enjoy my stay at the HSB. Not only will I experience snorkelling for the first time but look forward to swimming or lazing on a lilo in lovely pools and meeting new people.
So thanks for your input in helping me make my choice.
I go to sharm all the time, and to be honest i find it quite unusual for some holidaymakers going over to Mcdonalds, or eating KFC, but last year i was talking to and made friends with a disabled woman, her husband has a rare illness and can only eat certain foods, namely mac d's. Some foods in Egypt can be very strong and i also don't eat red meat abroad as it takes 3 days to digest in the gut so can cause bacteria in the stomach, hence pharaohs revenge for example.

A man i spoke to said the English people are professional moaners, he stated when abroad its when we are the happiest. Where i disagree with that comment, i can see where he got that from.

When doing a review, i try and put everything in, i do this because hopefully whatever questions are asked, maybe my review has covered it. Time and time again i get personal messages, i love to write my comments.

In my view as long as everybody's having a good time, it makes everyone smile :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.