Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
WHY TUNISIA!
6 Posts
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your time in Tunisia but the very fact that so many of us, male and female, young and old, go there year after year does seem to indicate that we don't all have bad experiences. What you perceive as hassle some of us take as friendly banter, and I certainly don't have to resort to insults. It is certainly not a place everyone enjoys, but then some of us would hate the Spanish Costas.
Goodness me jjules, you certainly seem to have had an unhappy experience in Tunisia - fortunately something that I cannot relate to. Frank and I live in Tunisia for the 6 winter months every year and love our second home. Like the very great majority of users of this forum, we feel much safer in Tunisia than we do in our home city and find the people so very hospitable. Having said that, you are of course entitled to your own opinion and have made the decision never to return there - which is obviously the correct one for you. We all want different things in life don't we. I do hope that you enjoy you future holiday destinations. Jenny x
Hi Jenny. Thanks for your reply. It was Oct 2003 when I was there. The only place I can honestly say in the best is Cyprus. I dont do the clubbings scene, but love the bars and restaurants, great atmospheres. At least over there I can go out without being hassled or people trying to sell me stuff I dont want! Glad you enjoy living out there, but in the future me and my fiance are looking at buying in Cyprus!
A good choice jjules - we thoroughly enjoyed the island when we visited it 10 years or so ago. I guess that you are more comfortable with a European atmosphere whilst us Tunisian lot are attracted to a different culture. We're all different - and a good job too! :wink: All success to your future plans. Jenny x
Hi Jenny, thank you for your lovely message. Yep, I agree I do prefer Europe, espeically Cyprus. This year though it is Cancun, my partner's choice, but back to Ayia Napa next year (its already booked!).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.