Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Have never needed wifi in resort but if you want to ask Winstans their web address is

http://www.winstans.com/

There's an email address on there for contacting either Diedre or Graham.....they do great food by the way and have a lovely seating area on the promenade. They are situated just up from the jetty in Cala Millor (heading towards Cala Bona).
Thanks Tis. Ive never needed or wanted it before, but new gadgets and all that ;) mind you, if I cant find wifi im not desperate enough to pay for it, its just the thought of winding friends up whilst im sat having a lovely beer in the sun :cheers

We have been CM 3 times now and we have always ventured right towards the Sa Coma end of the resort so this year we have decided to go left and visit the Cala Bona end. Will definately have a visit to Winstans, it gets some brilliant reviews. Thank you. :tup
Most Mickey D's have free wifi, although you may have to purchase something; in our case usually a coffee, find a quiet corner and the ability to surf at one's pleasure.
Another thought....have you tried CHEERS? They have free internet and I'd be surprised if they didn't do free wifi as well (will email Kev and ask him). Otherwise while you're waiting for your meal/drink to arrive you can have a go on one of the PC's in the bar....that's how we usually stay in touch while we're away (that and texting).

To find CHEERS....walk from Cala Bona to Cala Millor....go past jetty and small beach, when you hit Burger King take a right and walk up a few streets and you'll find it on your right hand side....FANTASTIC food served there....been going for 12 years and haven't had a bad meal yet!

Where are you staying in Cala Bona? We're in Cala Millor this year, last year it was the turn of Cala Bona :)

Babs - No Maccy D's in resort just BK
Hi Tis. We are staying in Cala Millor. Absolutely love it there - same apartments and it will be our 3rd time. I know Cheers, unfortunately we had a bad meal there :( so only been there once. Will give it another try though am sure. Im not too worried about internet and its not something that I seek out purposely, the apartments have internet access if I get really desperate but just wanted to try out my new toy ;) When do you go? Only 20 odd days now for us - the countdown has well and truely begun and I cannot wait :sun2
  • Edited by srhjnmgn 2011-06-01 21:18:39
Sorry, thanks Babs - missed your post. Yes, as Tis says no McDs but thanks for the suggestion :cheers
Make sure your room safe is big enough for your new toy.People will be watching you.
Thanks DJ :tup Its not big and ill look after it well.
Sorry, where on earth did I get you were staying in Cala Bona from.....DOH! :duh

Cala Bona end is nicer in my opinion...I love the harbour day or night :cheers We've got about 7 weeks to go and I can't wait! :cheers
Hi Tisonlymoi

We are going in about 10 weeks for the first time to Cala Bona. We are stayig at the Bonaire on self catering basis as we like to walk around the resort at night. What bars do you recomend and places for a good feed!!!

At this time also the footie season will have just kicked off, any bars show footie? Also best not leave the hubby out he watches Super League ( Wigan) yes i know a little unknown but nether the less he still enoys!!

Thanks

Sharon
  • Edited by sharon75 2011-06-05 14:40:46
Hya Sharon.....there are lots to choose from around the harbour area. We like Argos Bar....walk down side road where kids playpark is towards sea front and turn right....it's a lovely place to sit day or night. There are a lot of restaurants around the habour area and there's something for everyone I think...British wise there's Smugglers (personally found this had gone downhill last time we ate there), Smithy's, Janet & Johns and Rope & Anchor.

If you walk towards Cala Millor under the Alicia there are a few British Bars selling food and just past the Atolon there are a series of restaurants along that stretch and then more along the main promenade....can recommend Winstans.

We like the walk into Cala Millor to go to CHEERS (it's up a few streets from Burger King)...it's our favourite place and the Sunday and Wednesday roasts are to die for! My tum is rumbling just thinking about them) :cheers
Thank You i am quite looking forward to going now,roll on 12th Aug!! :sun2

Cheers Sharon
Hi, we took our netbook last year, we have a t-mobile mobile dongle that we sometimes use at home when our Virgin media connection is down (quite frequently these days) it was ok but we had difficulty connecting to facebook as it had some kind of content blocker on it. We went to a shop in Cala Millor near the big car park and kids play area, there was also an internet cafe at the rear of the shop, we bought an orange broadband dongle which cost about €29 and that lasted the week with no blocks at all and the signal was great. Beware that if you try to use a British Orange dongle it will not work as the Spanish Orange network is completely different and you will be charge twice.
This year we are taking the netbook again and will use the t-mobile dongle as it has been unblocked and due to a dispute with t-mobile has a free credit for their one month euro internet booster, but we will still have the orange if the t-mobile does not work, although friends of ours are in Majorca now and they have bought a movistar dongle from the Eroski Hypermarket in Sa Coma for €19 with connection for a whole month unlimited.
I know you asked for free wifi but these are options for you too.

Alan
Hi Alan (BigAl) Thanks for that. Ill keep that in mind (the telephone shop/internet cafe - know exactly where you mean :tup ) but its only a small "apple" product and doesnt require a dongle. Ill only use it for a bit of fun anyway so not desperate if I cant get wifi. Have a fab holiday :sun2 and dont use up all the sun ;)

Thanks all for taking the time to reply. :cheers
Hi Sarah

I know the product you mean, you should be able to get broadband using any of the Spanish mobile networks, it will be even cheaper as you say you do not need a dongle, I think its costs about €15 euro for a week of unlimited browsing.

Alan
;) Thank you. Id already thought of that, but honestly dont think its worth it. Have never bothered in the past so why start a bad habit now :really Thank you very much though.
Hi Alan

I see form you badge you and my husband have something in common and it ain't The Saints!!

He's always on the prowl on holls for Super league games, do you know of any bars that show these games? We are staying in Cala Bona but I'm sure he'd walk to Cala Millor especially if the Warriors are being shown whilst we are there!!

Cheers
Sharon
Hey Sharon

It depends when you will be there, I have not been to the Cala Bona / Millor area during the rugby season until this year, we go next week so will be there when the warriors visit Widnes to batter the stains lol, I will have my netbook and will either write here or send you a pm to where we go to watch, I think it might be in the bar at our apartments in S'Illot though as they usually have sky sports showing and will change the channel if a guest asks them, it will not only be me needing a good bar to watch the match as my brother and nephew are also Wigan fans, problem is they are staying in Alcudia which is a 30 min drive away.

Alan

Ps. Dara has just told me that she isn't going on holiday to watch tv no matter who is playing even if its Wigan, though that is because I said we are not going on holiday for her to watch corry :rofl
Thanks Al

Let me know if you have any luck finding a place to watch or if you are lucky enough to get to watch it!

Andrew will be made up if i agree to watching Warriors only for him to find out we are watching Latics if they are on whilst we are away :whoops

Have a good one. :sun2

Cheers
Sharon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.