Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Well, only one to find out, either way....

However, ask yourself a couple of questions.

Is this the holiday you want - these flights, that hotel on those dates?

If YES ask yourself:

Is the holiday affordable and appear to represent good value to yourself?

If YES:

Why risk waiting? Three things can happen - the price can go up, down or stay the same. But the price going up is a very real possibility. Or that plane could fill. Or that hotel could sell out.

And if you do book, don't be going back and checking the price later!

If the answer to either of the above questions was NO, then you have nothing to lose waiting till next year.
Spot on advice from Sam.
I made that mistake 2yrs ago.We booked for Cuba in January,i checked the price a few weeks later and yes you guessed it,cheaper it was :roll: So won't be doing that again :)
It really is a case of "swings and roundabouts." Last Thursday we booked a holiday for the end of May, next year. Over the weekend, a couple of friends of ours were trying to make up their minds to go with us as well. On Monday I checked the website for them and the price had gone up by £138. They decided they still wanted to go, so before booking, my mate went in work on Tuesday morning to see if he could book his hols. He rang me up to do the booking for him, but by this time the hotel was no longer available.
So I think only you can decide. Some prices will go up, some will go down and some holidays will no longer be available when you do try to book.

Degs.
Seeing it is June you when you want to go, if you are not to fussed which hotel you want to stay at wait for a late booking, prices are always rock bottom in june with loads of baragins going.

If you look around mid-may and june you will be surprised how cheap some of the holiday are. My kids are in school and college so its a no, no for me and most other parents, but I look and could get to stay in good 4* hotels in most places at 50% lower than the brochure price. Thomsons do a lot of good bargains at that time of year with none of the extra's what other tour ops add on to the advertised price.

Office of fair trading has told airline and tour ops all compulsory charges have to displayed in the headline price or they will take court action against the offending company.
Yes it is tough one! It's not really about saving money,i think its more like gambling,and how to beat the bookie!Better in our pocket,if you know what i mean :wink:
I would think the price is more likely to go up.
You just need to look at the price of fuel now to see whats happening.
They will have to recoup that extra expence from the passengers.
:D In our experience, we have always found the price of the holidays(we have booked) to go up, in price, that is why we always book 12+ months in advance, (also gives us plenty of time to save up).

A lot of friends and family think we are bonkers booking so far in advance, but i can honestly say it has "payed off" for us over the years, can't honestly remember one holiday we have booked going "down" in price, but know of a dozen or more going "up"! (for example last years holiday nearly doubled in price, a month prior to departure). Next years holiday (up to now), has increased by over £400! :lol: .

Another example - my mother rang me about 3 months ago, asking me to price a holiday up for her to tenerife, in March for 2 weeks, got her a great price, - and advised her to get in booked, she hummed, and arrrd,saying she would wait a couple of months, - well now the price has gone up by over £350! She wasn't a happy bunny, but ended up,booking at the higher price (as she was worried the flights/hotel may be fully booked, - (as she could only go these particular 2 weeks!) - Was on the tip of my tongue to say "I told you so" - (But I didn't :lol: )

My advice to you, is book it (if you are happy with the price)

Maybe we have just been lucky, who knows? :lol: - but until I'm proven wrong, we'll continue to book early!

Regards, belly!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.