EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Wills in Turkey
4 Posts
not sure i think you may have to get a turkish will go to fethiye times and ask on there orontact fethiye Belediye
balialaattin@hotmail.com
:sun2
An English Will is not valid in Turkey and I was with the Advokat two days ago.Immoveables are Govened by Turkish Law and follow the Blood Line.In your case, ( roughly ) If you have children then they will inherit 42.5% each ( say there were two ) and the poor old Mrs gets 15%.It's not good for Turkish Property owners but that is the law here.Moveables, you can leave to who you wish.I've known this for a long time but it's only now my wife and I have got around to doing anything about it.My wife has no children whilst I have two.So we agreed that I would buy her share of our property here.That way she can leave her cash to whom she wishes.If you ask the British Embassy in Ankara or any British Consulate in Turkey they will tell you the same.Whilst we live in Antalya and have a very reasonable Advokat ( speaks V. English and charges 100 YTL. ) I have heard lots of Rip Off stories from elsewhare in Turkey particular to those areas with a large British Contingent.If you need any further advice please PM. me.

Ian
Hi
Thanks for the replies, most helpfull. Do you think it would be possible to have my name added to the deeds, at least that would solve half of it, and possibly at a later date, have my wifes removed
Keith

P.S. Apparently I don't have permission to send a PM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.