General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:rofl

When we first went to Goa in the early/mid 90's we got a package holiday for less than 300pounds, and this wasnt even a late deal.
Now brochure prices are double.

My dads friend told us about Goa, as he visited every year. But by the mid 90's he decided to give Goa a miss and head to Vietnam.

I watched Topgear a week ago and Vietnam looked lovely. So maybe thats next on my list.
Booked 2 weeks in Greece this year. I love Greece and the people and would rather go somewhere I like than my destination be dictated by the euro :D.
Quite right too although I get regular reports on the really important things, like the price of Mythos in Symi.
Winners I think will be Turkey, Bulgaria, Egypt and Goa. AI packages will also be popular. The "Euro" countries I predict will suffer!
I booked in June last year for July for Rhodes 1week s/c and it was only £266 so not to bad and 2weeks was about £150 more
Thank you, Marlou. You made my day. I have properties in Turkey and Bulgaria :-)
I think Vietnam will become much more popular the value for money is amazing, we visited in 2008 and loved it. Great meals for 2 with drinks costing only 11 us dollars !!

Closer to home , I think Morocco is good value , but alcohol can be expensive, .

I have not been to Europe for my hols since 2005 , I don't think I ever will again, Long Haul is much better value :)
Been looking at thailand my friend is there now, and for 2 weeks b&b looking at a grand at beginning of august, plus on top of the travelling, no good to me, my budget is £700 pp tops, got a deal with thmoas cook, 25th july half board las palmeras fuengriola, £675 each and they throw in extra luggage allowance, sorry euro wont beat me, love my spanish hols fuengirola is my fave 7th time in a row, I will put up with the prices of stuff, but I bet egypt, turkey will also be putting up the pirces of things when you get there.
The great thing about Pattaya in Thailand is you dont need to waste money on pachage deals, believe me Pattaya is known for just turning up, easy to find accomodation and everywhere is easy to get to, its a medium sized City witha great big heart.
plenty of like minded tourists who will always share thier experiences and tell you whats good and whats not.

Where I stay there is a good bunch or regulars in every day and a good banter and some are long termers so have a good knowledge of the place.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.