Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yes, I have been all over India in years gone by when I was much younger and fitter and, crucially, was single. Many other countries as well but will not go into all that.

Time is another factor for many people. I used to just finish my job and off I went. Many people cannot do that. Two weeks may be all they can get off work and a good old fashioned 'package' deal to a wonderful place like Goa fits there need.
I know what you mean Pedro and agree that for some a package holiday is ideal but what I was getting at was would those that had been to Goa before and are getting a little tired of all the new development would consider doing it ?

Many of the people on this forum have been going for years, booking their own flights and hotels etc. Just supposing you were able to take say 3 weeks off, your kids are grown up you have nothing stopping you. I am off to Himachal Pradesh next July for my 40th, all I am doing is booking a flight to Delhi then taking a train to Chandigargh then taking a jeep up into the mountains for a few weeks r&r. I don`t mean backpack around the place but by doing like I am I get to see Delhi and am within striking distance of the Taj Mahal (both of which I have seen).

Like I said earlier a lot on here are very independant in their travel plans and are very capable of organising such things for themselves and I just wonedered if these people would ever consider doing something similar to what I have planned for a change of scenery so to speak :wink:
You are dead right pedrogooner, my dream would be to travel around india but like most people I have two weeks a year and so going to Goa is ideal, I get to experience India and get some well needed R+R! When I do tour India I want a month and that simply isn't possible at the moment and so my two week package fits the bill and budget. Been back from Goa 6 days and already planning the next trip..it really is addictive!
Totally agree. Weve been back two weeks and already booked for new year. Hope to see more of the place next time and then go back in a year or two to visit the Taj etc.
Like most folks I dont have the luxury of six months travel, however during our shorter stays in Goa over the years we have managed to visit Cochin and the backwaters, Bangalore, Orange County , Mysore, Delhi, The Taj. Mumbai and in a couple of weeks Amritser, The Golden Temple and the border at Wagga so yes India is a big place, but even with less time than six months it's possible to see a lot of it while based in Goa. Alan
Feelthevibe.

Yes, I agree and I do take your point. I wouldn't mind joining you myself!

I did consider doing things a bit differently when we go again in a few weeks. Did think about going to Bombay, see some old places from days gone by etc and then take train down to Goa and then back same way. if I was on my own I definitely would do something like that. back in the seventies i took the old steam ship from Bombay down to Marmagoa. Happy memories!

The reason I have not decided to go that way as a change is that I did not want to put my wife through any hassles. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary when we next go so I wanted all to go as smooth as possible.

We will definitely try to go to Kerala one day. I was also back there in seventies as well. great place.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.