America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
theres loads of info & photos,on
http://www.disboards.com &
http://www.thedibb.co.uk
the queues,at the minute,don't seem to be thinning out,but we also go in oct,so are hoping,it's calmed down abit.
tracy
I've been and it was GREAT.

You are very fortunate to have the early park admission! Use it. You get straight to the WWofHP and first in line to the rides and entry to the shops there (which are very popular and with queues just like the rides)
We went in mid July through to early aug and it was insanely PACKED!!!!

Ended up going after 8pm after the first attempt..plus saved $9 on parking (double bonus!) $3 parking after 6pm in uni/studios/adv. Seaworld still expensive grrrr anyway

Lines after 8 HAD really gone down.. to around 45-60 min on rides in Harry... peak times over 2 hrs on everything.

Im not a Harry fan at all...so didnt really enjoy it :que but my boys loved it as did my hubby.

Any Harry fans im sure will love it...but i wasnt impressed :whoops

Dragons challenge ride is a re-vamped dungeons & dragons from before!! .. hmmm kinda not inkeeping with the whole harry theme but there ya go.

Enjoy! you will love it...but get there VERY early....or very late!
We have just come back from Florida and my advice is to avoid going to I of A for as long as possible. This is the sixth time we have been to Florida and I have never seen queues as bad as those for Harry Potter land. You even have to queue to get in the area let alone go on the main ride (which incidently keeps breaking down). We went to Islands of Adventure twice and gave up both times as it was unbearable. I think they have made a mistake making the area part of Islands of adventure they should have made another park, expecially as they are already planning to add to it in the near future. It's made the queues for the rest of the park really bad as well (well worse then we have found in the past) . What makes it even worse for me as with another poster on here is I can't stand the Harry Potter genre but had to bow down to the wife and kids :-(.

Also get the impression there are a hell of a lot of people with more money than sense judging by the amount of people paying 30 bucks for a wand (saw one bloke with 8!) which is just a piece of wood with a plastic tip. Unless of course they actually work :-)

Also they have put the fast passes up to around $40 a head as well robbing *******s. Not to mention $15 parking.
We're going back in October too for our 4th time, although reading about IOA makes me wonder if I'll limit the amount of times we visit. We love all the other rides but if the Harry Potter queues are that bad, along with the rest of them, I can see both of us getting very annoyed & doing other parks more, especially at the weekends.
Will write a trip report when we come back.
Thanks for your replies, looks like I'll have to grin and bear it , At least I have the early entry (I Hope) haven't had the tickets yet ,
I will post when I return 4 weeks and counting !!! :)
Hi guys, my friend just got back from Orlando and said the queue to get on the main ride at WWoHP was only 40 mins long. so hopefully it shouldnt be too bad in a few weeks. ( fingers crossed, i go 6 weeks today) She also said that the other areas of the park are relatively quiet as most people are in WWoHP
According to attractions orlando on twitter today....someone rode it 3 times early in 30 mins...looks like the wait time is slowly coming down by the day,,average wait been about 20-30mins last week or so...plus they have fitted some bigger seats for the larger rider.
I was in Orlando from 3/9 to 11/9.

We went to Island of Adventure on the Tuesday at 9am. Went straight from the entrance to WWoHP and straight onto the Duelling Dragons ride. There was no queue whatsoever. After that we went straight over to the Forbidden Journey. I thought the queue was quite long but it only took 20/30 minutes to get onto the ride. We did go back to WWoHP later in the day and the queue was stupidly long. However there was a bit of confusion over which line to get in as people were queuing for the lockers when they didn't need to, and people were going straight onto the ride when they needed a locker.

You will probably be fine with the early tickets. Head straight there and you'll have little waiting time. As for the rest of the park, I didn't queue for any longer than 10 minutes for anything else. Which was slightly annoying after paying for the express tickets. :whoops

Oh btw, without revealing too much, the Forbidden Journey has some stunning features even before you get on the ride. I'm not a fan of Harry Potter by any stretch, but was absolutely amazed at the amount of detail they've gone into and the realism of it all.
Saw some clips on the internet of the ride...looks an amazing ride...But does it beat spiderman...alot of people say yes....and i was amazed by spiderman...need to book up another trip.
I wasn't expecting much from Spiderman but that was superb too. You'd be hard pressed to decide which is the better of the two. I suppose HP fans would plump for Forbidden Journey though as it does immerse you into the whole book/movie thing.

Really don't want to spoil it for people who haven't been on it yet but the whole experience before you even properly get on the ride is almost worth the wait itself. I'm sure you'll see what I mean soon enough... :tup
Got back from Florida on 31st Oct after two weeks there, we never had to queue for more than 15minutes for anything anywhere. The only park that seemed busy was Universal Studios so we paid for Fast passes $20 each. They were worth every penny as we walked straight on to rides and saved over an hour on our first two rides alone. Another tip is to use prefered parking at both Universal and Universal island of adventure at only $5 more as they are big parks and the other car parks are at least a 20 minute walk ( not fun with tired kids, so i saw) Harry Potter looks very effective but be prepared to wait in turn to go inside the shops as they are small. I love the attention to detail in all the parks and cannot wait to return. I will probably go back in October again next year as it is still warm 30-33 degrees! but less crowded than summer months. If anyone wants any info just ask! :D
We were in Orlando from 9th to the 23rd of October & each time we went to IOA, Harry Potter World was ridiculously busy. The queues to get into Ollivanders wand shop & the sweet shop was over an hour wait in the blazing sun :que The 3 Broomsticks was also very busy, so gave that a miss.
Forbidden Journey never had a wait time less than 75 minutes so didn't bother with that either. The only good thing was Duelling Dragons was less than a 10 minute wait each time we went on it.

All in all, it was a great idea for them to build something like that, but why in such a small area? Being constantly bumped into isn't my idea of fun & hope it improves once they start the expansion plans for it. We left feeling rather disappointed, especially after all the hype they made about it. We will return, but not for a few years.
Hi guys, i was in Orlando from 26th Oct til 9th Nov and didnt really have much of a wait. i think the longest we waited was around 50 mins for the Forbidden Journey, and that was at 1pm. The only thing that annoyed me was that on our last day we went back to WWHP to have alast go on everything to find that the FJ had broken down, so we went over to have go on the rip ride rockit and the mummy, then back over, only to find FJ still not working. that was over 3 hours.The queue for Ollivanders was always long so we never bothered with it. But other than that, we had a good experience of WWHP
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.